Patriots Tweaks

patsox

PatsAway.png

What changed:

I got rid of the outlines on the wordmark. I think it rids the wordmark of its 90s vibe and gives it a slightly more timeless feel.

Got rid of the side panel piping. I've always hated that it clashes with the pants stripe so I got rid of it because IMO it's dated and not needed anyway.

Got made the inside outline of the numbers on the away jersey silver instead of white to match the home jersey. This discrepancy always bugged me.

And thats about it and I think these small changes would be for the better. I basically just fixed the things that have always irked me about the Patriots uniforms. The pants would stay the same, but I may post an away pants change and some white pants later today.

So, you've simplified the jersey down, and left the numbers detailed. The numbers don't mix well triple layered when the rest of the jersey has been toned down. if you want a more 90's feel and I timeless look, you had better do that all over the jersey rather than on selected elements. Tone them down to single or double layer to round out the look.

So, you've simplified the jersey down, and left the numbers detailed. The numbers don't mix well triple layered when the rest of the jersey has been toned down. if you want a more 90's feel and I timeless look, you had better do that all over the jersey rather than on selected elements. Tone them down to single or double layer to round out the look.

To me, it looks like a cheap replica.. or T-Shirt jersey sans the collar.

If you're going to remove the red piping for the navy side panel on the home jersey, then the navy pants should be updated to have a thick silver center stripe to correspond with the silver shoulder stripe. That would make it match much better if / when they go monochrome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't really see how removing some thin piping has an impact on the "detailed" numbers, but one thing I thought about was switching out the red piping for thin red and silver stripes about the same width as the piping (maybe a little thicker).

I can see how it would look like a cheap replica, because usually cheap replicas exclude a few important elements of a jersey and I took out a few parts of the Patriots current jersey.

I really don't see any need to make any of the changes you stated. If anything, the things that need changing are the road pants. And why not just put Brady as the NOB.

I agree that both of the Patriots' pairs of pants could use some modifying...and I use the 12/player combo on all of my concepts.

If you're going to remove the red piping for the navy side panel on the home jersey, then the navy pants should be updated to have a thick silver center stripe to correspond with the silver shoulder stripe. That would make it match much better if / when they go monochrome.

I agree, BBTV. I'll take that into consideration when I work on the pants.

needs stripes.

Ya, I agree!

I completely agree.

Thanks for your input.

---

to me, all these changes have made the uniforms, for lack of a better word, boring. i see this as a downgrade to what they have now.

For lack of better words myself, that's what I was going to add in my post as well. There is just nothing interesting about these at all. It's just a neutral blob with no focal points at all

Sorry it's boring. I was just trying to come up with a solution for the way the pants and side piping don't match up and I was going to post an update that includes pants, but it sounds like I shouldn't bother.

Archived