1 2 3 4 5 Sixers! 10 9 8 76ers!

BB61

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a bit. Usually, I only do concepts for fantasy teams, but with the yammering about how AWFUL the 82-83 jerseys that the Sixers are going to re-don next season, and with myself being immersed in the nostalgia of the last Spectrum game, I decided to put together something that captures the essence of the old look while bringing about something new.

What you see below is an amalgamation of several styles of Sixers uniform. If nothing else, this is a mix of the original 60's uniforms and the mid-90's uniforms (sans Copperplate), with a bit of inspiration drawn from the 70's unis.

Sixers1.jpg

Sixers2.jpg

Sixers3.jpg

I had a bit of trouble with the perspective on the side panels, so I apologize if it looks uneven -- that's the best I could do wit h them.

C&C is appreciated. I'm anxious to hear everyone's feedback. Thanks goes out to Shumway for his awesome template.

philly.png

I think it's very good! A few stripes on there instead of just plain white couldn't hurt. You don't need 76ers on the neck but it doesn't hurt. I'd prefer radial arching for the names, but try a different font, like maybe something Times New Roman-y (this, moments after I ripped LEWJ for using it on the White Sox) if it's legible enough. I just feel like this is an underdesigned element of NBA uniforms. Too many teams just use Varsity Serif or Haettenschweiler and call it a day. The number in the star-circle is inspired. Great move.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The idea is really solid, but they don't look like NBA jerseys if you know what I mean. I'm sure you do, too. I mean I like the concept, but the uniforms seem like they'd be better suited for an AND1 Mixtape Tour Team or something to that effect.

I agree with patsox. It doesn't look quite like an NBA uniform. D-League?

It's a good start though.

Authentic NBA uniforms do not allow for logos except on the size tag on the bottom.

The sides remind me of the Pistons.

Maybe a more modern collar?

How about a PHILA for the blues? ^_^

Don't get me wrong, because I like the general idea. The reason I think it looks ameateur-ish is probably the thickly outlined wordmark at the unusual angle matched up with the star idea (which btw I do think would be excellent if executed a little better).

Archived