Reebok Edge Authentic

hormone

First, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, please move it if need be. Second, I'm sorry about no pics. I left my cell phone in the car. Third, I don't have any edges so I'm totally lost here.

Anyway, I was in a little sporting goods store in the city today and they had a ton of jerseys on sale. They had a bunch of Pens jerseys I was looking into. I'm no expert, but I can easily spot the powder blue fakes. They were all fake by the Penguin on the crest, the thick font, or the sleeve font that doesn't match the correct Penguin font that was on the back (with the beginning tail on the 7).

Anyway, they have a white Crosby jersey from last year for $80. The guy said it was authentic. The font was correct. There was no tag on the front saying a size (xl, l, etc). The tag inside the shirt said 52. It had the 250 logo on the sleeve from last year. It had a fight strap.

Naturally, I'm wary because of the fakes that were all around it. What should I be looking for? Authentic tags, etc? Is this a repli-thentic mid-line jersey they sell?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

KISSwall09.jpg

Chances are they were embroidered, all the "replithentic" ones are.

Do you know the material well? I know a lot of the fakes didn't have the true EDGE material on the front of the jersey. Try bringing a water bottle and pouring a couple drops on the front.

Also, check the piping just inside the collar. It should be black. If it is grey, then it's fake.

Make sure the crest is stitched on. I once saw one JUST like that but the crest was glued on, even with a stitched '250' patch and a fight strap.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Thanks for all the replies. I pretty much know what I should be looking for now. I'll try to stop back next week at the store.

So fakes/repli-thentics can be by number size and not by XL? Can have fight straps? Have no tag in front? and can have the 250 patch? Just want to be 100% because I'm not dropping the $380 NHL.com wants and I'm not dropping $80 on trash.

KISSwall09.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. I pretty much know what I should be looking for now. I'll try to stop back next week at the store.

So fakes/repli-thentics can be by number size and not by XL? Can have fight straps? Have no tag in front? and can have the 250 patch? Just want to be 100% because I'm not dropping the $380 NHL.com wants and I'm not dropping $80 on trash.

Real:

- Size by number

- Fight Straps

- Stitched on logos

- ALL logos embroidered

- RBK logo on back of neck is stitched on logo, not stitched into jersey

- Black RBK piping on inside of collar

- Stretchy body material

- NO RBK logo on the lower left sleeve

- NO Jock tag

- NO part on the sides between the front and back, all one connected hem

Helpful?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That really just depends on where the cresting is done. For authenticity, it SHOULD, and it might be a tip off that the jersey may not be authentic, but I wouldn't use that as an indicator above any of the other things myself or Neon Matrix said.

It could very well be an authentic jersey with a crappy customization job.

The Penguins jerseys themselves change between glacier twill and non glacier twill. The 3rds don't use the glacier twill but the home and aways do. I own an authentic 3rd that I did pay the $300 for from NHL.com and was suprised myself that it was not glacier twill.

i have a game worn Springfield Falcons jersey, Reebok Edge template. Not sure what glacier twill is...but the numbers are single layer (possibly screened in) and sewn onto the jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived