Diamondbacks Nation

amare32

Clarify, but aren't you kind of spamming?

I hope not. Nobody knows we exist unless we tell them. We're trying to raise our visibility in a number of ways. We spread the word person-to-person, through our personal email lists, printed materials, Twitter, other online communities, etc. I don't think that's spamming, which I associate w/ anonymous blasts sent at random. We don't operate that way. You'll only hear about Diamondbacks Nation if you frequent the same places and have at least some of the same interests that we do.

I post here because this is a forum for people w/ interest in sports and because CCSLC has been integral to the development of our site. I honed my writing style on these boards, got my first opportunity to write about the Diamondbacks through here.

Many in this community can appreciate why Arizona's new logo and colors were an inspiration; it's hard to imagine doing what we've done if the Snakes were still dressed like Easter baskets. Those new colors are the basis for our new logo and site design. Once those elements were put in place, this project started to become real for us.

I don't think it is spamming. He has the link in his sig and has one thread for advertising. As long as he isn't mentioning it in everyone of his posts, I think it is fine.

But hey, I'm no mod.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I don't think it's advertising because he's not making any money, and he's not drawing members away from these boards. He's providing a place for the D-Backs fans of these boards to discuss the baseball club without choaking the boards here with Arizona baseball talk.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE DON'T GRIP.

Arizona had lost five of its previous six games despite opening the season on an extended home stand. The Snakes scored two runs or fewer in each of those losses. Pressure had built on the team ever since Manny Ramirez joined the rival Dodgers in the middle of last season. Nothing since had gone quite right and the Diamondbacks were gripping.

Then Conor Jackson stepped to the plate. With two outs in the eighth, he launched an 0-1 curveball into the left field stands for a three-run homer that gave Arizona its first lead of the game. And in that moment, the grip was released.

Read all about it on DiamondbacksNation.com.

Archived