2009 Formula 1 Season

epper

For the love of anything and everything I hope Schumi wins at least 1 race in the return. I know Massa is a competitor and is already looking forward to his return, but take the rest of the year off. Michael has this under control and if anyone on that team is in danger of not coming back for '010 its unfortunately Kimi.

I want him to win at least one race, but it is a very new car, which is not that fast to begin with. He has not been in a KERS car as well.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The comeback is over before it began. It almost seemed to good to be true! The 7 time champ jumps back into a car and dominates F1, shaking off the rust in mere moments...

Good luck to Luca Badoer or Marc Gene!

It will be Badoer.

I think it would almost make more sense to sign Sebastien Bourdais, someone who has been in the new car in a race situation this season. His performance can't possibly be any worse than the test drivers would be. I'm sure being in a better car would make his results pick up too.

The comeback is over before it began. It almost seemed to good to be true! The 7 time champ jumps back into a car and dominates F1, shaking off the rust in mere moments...

Good luck to Luca Badoer or Marc Gene!

It will be Badoer.

I think it would almost make more sense to sign Sebastien Bourdais, someone who has been in the new car in a race situation this season. His performance can't possibly be any worse than the test drivers would be. I'm sure being in a better car would make his results pick up too.

I still don't think that Bourdais could test a 2009 Ferrari as he was never listed as a test driver. Schumacher was never in a 2009 car due to his retired status and Ferrari held up the ability of Jaime Alguersuari to get into Bourdais' 2009 Toro Rosso. Jaime Alguersuari was not a listed test driver at the start of the 2009 season.

• 1 month later...

Briatore and Symonds have fallen on their swords:

Renault has announced that team boss Flavio Briatore and engineeringchief Pat Symonds have parted company with the team and that it will"not dispute" the allegations of race-fixing when it appears before theWorld Motor Sport Council next week.

The team had been accused of asking driver Nelson Piquet to crashdeliberately during last year's Singapore Grand Prix in order to causea safety car period that would work to his team-mate Fernando Alonso'sadvantage. The Spaniard went on to win the race.

"The ING Renault F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegationsmade by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix," said astatement from the team.

"It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatoreand its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left theteam.

"Before attending the hearing before the FIA World Motor SportCouncil in Paris on 21 September 2009, the team will not make anyfurther comment."

-Autosport

I wonder if Renault can carry on after this?

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Archived