New Jersey Devils 3rd Concept

kw11333

I know the Devils won't wear anything like this,at least anytime soon,and I know this won't win concept of the year,so take it for what it is. I tried to create something different from what they wear right now,but so different that you would not recognize that it is the Devils.

nj3rd.jpg

C&C would be great.

This is a decent concept, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Devils in black...BUT, I just hate it when somebody recolors a template and calls it a concept, it doesn't help get you more C&C. If you try coming up with a new design, something original or a different striping, then that would look good.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

This is a decent concept, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Devils in black...BUT, I just hate it when somebody recolors a template and calls it a concept, it doesn't help get you more C&C. If you try coming up with a new design, something original or a different striping, then that would look good.

I didn't recolor a template,I did base it off of some current NHL jerseys,but its design is not identical to any current jersey NHL jersey. I wanted the arms to be red,and that ment I having it look like the Columbus, or Wild jerseys,than so be it. Plus NHL teams have been using the same templates as each other for a long time now,from the Dallas Stars recoloring the NHL All star game uniforms,to The Penguins,Lighting,and Senators all using the exact same template just recolored. Granted it can be considered lazy,but some of my favorite thirds are just "re-colored" versions of the regular jerseys.

I didn't recolor a template,I did base it off of some current NHL jerseys,but its design is not identical to any current jersey NHL jersey. I wanted the arms to be red,and that ment I having it look like the Columbus, or Wild jerseys,than so be it. Plus NHL teams have been using the same templates as each other for a long time now,from the Dallas Stars recoloring the NHL All star game uniforms,to The Penguins,Lighting,and Senators all using the exact same template just recolored. Granted it can be considered lazy,but some of my favorite thirds are just "re-colored" versions of the regular jerseys.

Yes you did, this is the exact Blue Jackets template. And the Stars don't use the all star template. Also just because teams in the edge system use similar templates doesn't mean you should be lazy. Don't stoop to reeboks level.

Is it just me or do all of the Devils third concepts look the same?

I don't know about Devils concepts so much, but I think every Flyers concept on here looks about the same.

As for the concept: It's not at all exciting. I like the starkness of the white logo on the black background. However, you can be far more creative with the jersey template and we'd still be able to tell it was a Devils jersey.

It's almost never a good idea to recolor a crest. It dilutes the brand. Exceptions would be Toronto (for obvious reasons), old Calgary (also for obvious reasons.) Maybe STL, but I think that a strong yellow outline would make it acceptable to put the royal version on the royal jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived