Another TV Concept

arkansasdolfan

So as some of you may remember, I have been working professionally in the TV business after college for the past year or so. Anyway while I do not work in the GFX department, they are holding an open "competition" for a new look for our Friday night high school football show. Logo and monitor graphic is needed. So I sat down for about four hours today and came up with these, just looking for some designer eyes for some constructive criticism.

Logo:

ffntry1.png

Monitor Graphic:

ffnfullscreentry.png

The Southside helmet logo is not the official one, just a quick mockup that has some obvious flaws. The monitor graphic would be used in a large monitor behind the anchor talking about the game.

Thanks guys, you are always a big help.

P.S. Yes, it is based loosely (not so loosely perhaps) on the ESPN look from earlier this decade.

dolphins2.png

I like this. Really clean and simple, none of the "swooshy" graphics all the TV logos have these days. That said, it may be a little too simple. The colors are nice, but I think you need a football in there. The fonts could be livened up, also, but all in all I'm a big fan. Good luck!

scotland_fifasig.png

I like this. Really clean and simple, none of the "swooshy" graphics all the TV logos have these days. That said, it may be a little too simple. The colors are nice, but I think you need a football in there. The fonts could be livened up, also, but all in all I'm a big fan. Good luck!

Thanks a lot man. I don't have a version of the previous identity, but best I can describe it it was the pokemon font that was black with green stroke. This logo is more in line with our whole brand.

dolphins2.png

i work in this particular industry and have produced a number of beds for stuff the champions league hockey.

id have to say that this looks very dated. im not altogether sure they look clean and simple either.

i appreciate what you are trying to do, but there is a level of expectation that viewers now have with regards to 'flashy' on screen graphics.

if you want a good reference to a far simpler look, take a peek at tilt designs stuff for the 2006 fifa world cup. i think its quite cool still.

although having just tried to look them up, i think they may have recently gone bust so you may have to check it out on youtube!

Sadly, the whole thing looks pretty cheap. Kinda like an "we're on at eleven but... who cares" kind of thing. Not to say this isn't clean, it's just that it doesn't look incredibly professional.

Perhaps find a more aggressive, "football-ish" font and some better logo colors unless they're making you use station colors.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived