Jaguars concept

elliott

[Mod edit: please don't quote the spam.]

I wonder what he was trying to sell? I ran that through a translator and got words like 'Metropolitan,' 'land,' 'total payment' and 'Yoshihara Soap' though those two may be intended to be separate. I like the inclusion of the English word 'sod.' It made me chuckle.

As for the concept, it's quite a bit better than what they decided to go with.

1) Wordmark: I really like the font and the arching and the slash on the J. As was mentioned before, the slash coming out off the S kind of unbalances it and makes it look like an afterthought. Perhaps shorten the slash and turn it toward the inside of the word?

2) Home uniform: On the whole, it's very nice. I like the re-addition of the gold on the sleeves (and the little extra flair up the shoulder) and the full jaguar. I don't really get the gold pattern on collar. But, I don't have any suggestions how to change that without making it too boring or getting rid of the gold completely (which is the horrible thing about the new look: lack of gold). Excellent stroke colors on the numbers! I generally don't like over-stroked anything (logos, egos, etc.) but for the Jags, it has always seemed to work and I think that's another mistake they made with their new uniforms. What does the rest of the number set look like?

3) Away uniform: I agree with Capp that the black pants and teal numbers look a little weird together. (Good on you for teal numbers though!) That's always been a sticking point with the Jag's uniforms. I don't think teal pants would look good, period. White would probably be best, but that looks unbalanced against the black helmet. So that's kind of a conundrum. Looking at it again, what if you had white pants with a stripe that mimicked the numbers? I.e. thick teal stripe stroked in black and then gold? I think the fact that you have a teal facemask would make that less awkward looking with the black helmet. And, maybe adding a stripe to the helmet in the same pattern (but not the same colors) would tie it all together?

Ugh. Sorry for all the ridiculous suggestions. Maybe I should just do a concept of my own!

I am as perturbed as anyone at the Jaguars lack of gold, which might have been underappreciated in the past, as now we can see how boring they can be without gold.

So, this afternoon, I had an early release from school so I decided to mock up what I think the Jags should look like.

Quick rundown of what I changed...

-teal facemask

-the arm striping is somewhat similar to last year, but I added some curvature to match the wordmark, and there is no black in the road striping

-number font is new

-I messed around with a new wordmark. It is based off of what they recently released. But still different, here is a bigger version.

Jaguars2009Font.gif

-brought back the sleeve logo

-the road has MUCH more teal

-new pants striping

Thanks to scottysprings for the template.

BTW the pants would be interchangable.

Home

Jaguars2009Home.gif

Away

Jaguars2009Road.gif

Comments are welcome. Thanks for viewing.

This isn't too terribly bad, but some stuff bothers me a bit, most of which has already been brought up. I'll start at the helmet and work down

HELMET: Black is a really nice helmet color. Always has been. However, is looks pretty bad when paired with a teal facemask. Also, I noticed that the helmet is actually dark grey with a black stripe. Why did you do that?

JERSEY: It's pretty solid on the home jersey. I could do without the gold on the collar as it distracts the jersey (both home and away) and clutters it up. The gold tapers on the underside of the sleeves is pretty cool though. As for the away, I really like the teal numbers, but they fight for attention with the black road pants. Makes it look like the San Jose Sharks in a bad way.

PANTS: As said before, the road black pants clash badly with the teal numbers. I would make white pants only for the roads, since that was my favorite look for the Jaguars back in the early 2000s. If you did that though, I would add a small bit of black to the pants striping to include all the colors.

I give the whole concept a high-C for now.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The problem with this is what the Jags currently, and formerly fought with; having a Black helmet when you want to emphasize Teal over Black. In my Jags concept I made the helmet Teal, but there is something about a Black helmet that seems to fit the team. I really don't know what you should change, but it doesn't work for me at all. Sure, the design is good, but the way you use colors looks less than decent, to be nice. The White jersey has a tiny bit of Black on it, but is paired with a Black helmet and Black pants. Then you have a Black helmet, a Teal jersey, and White pants at home...nothing matches. I think the only real options for them are Teal helmet and Teal road pants, or dropping Teal to a trim color(if not altogether). This isn't all your fault, because they chose this color scheme and chose to try to make Teal their color.

This is stupid. This is a message board about sports logos, and the DRAMA of this argument disheartens me for the future of humanity.

By the way, nice concepts. My only design concern would be that I don't really like the double outline on the aways, and I would like to see teal pants on the aways. Nice Job.

Wow, I love these - especially the road one. Way better than their new ones, which look more like practice jerseys or something.

I agree with the guy who suggested a black alternate jersey. You could do teal pants for that then and make all 3 pants interchangeable with all 3 jerseys, sort of like the Oregon Ducks with their 1,000,000 different combos.

Archived