Jaguars concept

elliott

I am as perturbed as anyone at the Jaguars lack of gold, which might have been underappreciated in the past, as now we can see how boring they can be without gold.

So, this afternoon, I had an early release from school so I decided to mock up what I think the Jags should look like.

Quick rundown of what I changed...

-teal facemask

-the arm striping is somewhat similar to last year, but I added some curvature to match the wordmark, and there is no black in the road striping

-number font is new

-I messed around with a new wordmark. It is based off of what they recently released. But still different, here is a bigger version.

Jaguars2009Font.gif

-brought back the sleeve logo

-the road has MUCH more teal

-new pants striping

Thanks to scottysprings for the template.

BTW the pants would be interchangable.

Home

Jaguars2009Home.gif

Away

Jaguars2009Road.gif

Comments are welcome. Thanks for viewing.

- love the addition of the sleeve logo, that should have def stayed

- don't like your wordmark rendition, it looks awkward and unbalanced

- not a fan of the gold coloring on the collar

overall a pretty good job and while I don't hate EVERYTHING about their new scheme, yours is pretty nice as well and probably better.

And that, my friends, is what they SHOULD be wearing.

From the future.

and patsox, really?

You're just arguing, for the sake of arguing. None of your points were necessary. Sure it was C&C but do you really have to say it in a way that makes you look even worse?

:peace: raysox, out.

Let's see:

-Highly unnecessary futuristic-looking neck design? Check.

-Bizzare, black and white futuristic looking wordmark that has nothing to do with the team name? Check.

-Way more black on the road than at home? Check.

-Lack of color balance in general? Check.

-Same exact logos? Check.

Downgrade.

Let's see:

-Bizzare, black and white futuristic looking wordmark that has nothing to do with the team name? Check.

Downgrade.

Let's see:

- Highly unnecessary posts of :peace:? Check.

- Rushed, pixelated, non-thought-out concepts that look like they took 15 minutes? Check.

- Way more posts than we should have to deal with on a daily basis? Check.

- Lack of improvement after constructive criticism given for all concepts? Check.

- Same old patsox? Check.

Disappointment.

Oh, elliott, on to your concept:

Your work is always great in my opinion, and this concept is no different. The only thing I would suggest is color to the wordmark. I like the typeface, but it looks too plain when it's just black. Good work. It's 10x better than what the Jags will ever produce.

Let's see:

Downgrade.

Let's see:

- Rushed, pixelated, non-thought-out concepts that look like they took 15 minutes? Check.

- Lack of improvement after constructive criticism given for all concepts? Check.

Disappointment.

Your work is always great in my opinion, and this concept is no different. The only thing I would suggest is color to the wordmark. I like the typeface, but it looks too plain when it's just black. Good work. It's 10x better than what the Jags will ever produce.

Correct on all counts, besides what you said about this concept. You're a pretty smart little guy, aren't you?

Let's see:

Downgrade.

Let's see:

Disappointment.

Correct on all counts, besides what you said about this concept. You're a pretty smart little guy, aren't you?

The only reason you said you dont like it is because you dont like elliot. Its far better than any concept out of you. I think your jealous of him to be honest. Because He always beats you in arguments and people like him much better than you. So you should just stay out of his thread instead of making yourself look like a bigger douche. :peace:

The Concept looks great, 20 times better than what they have come out with. I especially like the use of gold in this. Nice Job as usual elliot.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Let's see:

Downgrade.

Patsox your overall lack of maturity is astounding, but I will try to be as mature about this as possible, because you are really starting to piss me off and obviously you are doing it on purpose. Straight to the point, I would appreciate it if you didn't post on my threads for now on. I have absolutely no respect for you in the first place, and the fact that you are intentionally trying to make people mad that you don't even know, well, that doesn't help. Previously I asked you to not judge concepts on who has posted it but you failed to listen. So let's cut out the middle man and how about you don't even post on my concepts? Or just ignore me again? Both would be adequate solutions.

Everyone else, thanks for your comments, just for clarification, the wordmark I posted was not what would be on the logo package, I was just resizing what was on the chest so you could see it. The real one would probably be teal with some outlines and maybe some other stylizations (jaguar pattern?), as a matter of fact, I will work on making that.

elliot, patsox, Hetiert, bigmike, can we please stop the bickering? I'm trying to look at a concept here.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of teal numbers on the away jersey with black pants. It looks too mashed-up. if you made the pants and numbers the same color, it'd look a lot better.

That is much, much better than the set they just unveiled, and better too than the current (well, old now) uniforms. The gold striping does a lot. There is just one suggestion I have: maybe some black in the striping on the white pants and jersey would add a little balance and continuity, as currently the striping on the white pants has absolutely no black and contrasts with the black helmet and striping. Nice work all around.

Oh, and patsox, how is there an unbalance of black on the roadies? I'm seeing teal numbers and striping, with almost no black whatsoever except for on the pants, which are (as elliott said) interchangeable. And you really shouldn't be talking about use of the same logos.

scotland_fifasig.png

Let's see:

Downgrade.

Patsox your overall lack of maturity is astounding, but I will try to be as mature about this as possible, because you are really starting to piss me off and obviously you are doing it on purpose. Straight to the point, I would appreciate it if you didn't post on my threads for now on. I have absolutely no respect for you in the first place, and the fact that you are intentionally trying to make people mad that you don't even know, well, that doesn't help. Previously I asked you to not judge concepts on who has posted it but you failed to listen. So let's cut out the middle man and how about you don't even post on my concepts? Or just ignore me again? Both would be adequate solutions.

Everyone else, thanks for your comments, just for clarification, the wordmark I posted was not what would be on the logo package, I was just resizing what was on the chest so you could see it. The real one would probably be teal with some outlines and maybe some other stylizations (jaguar pattern?), as a matter of fact, I will work on making that.

I know I worded that like a douche, but quite frankly I don't like the way you go about posting your concepts and I have no respect for you either. And also, don't act like I didn't bring up valid points. I'm just telling it like it is. I may have commented in a slightly rude way, but it's nothing either of us has never seen before. I used to constantly get posts like that for virtually no reason other than the fact that people disliked me. Get over it and let's just agree to disagree.

Please don't let this turn into patsox's Marlins thread. Either patsox stop posting on Elliott's threads and/or Elliott stop responding to the dumb stuff patsox says. And patsox, there was no reason for you to post your "rude comments" just because you don't like Elliott. And let me ask you this patsox, what is exactly wrong about how Elliott presents himself?

Oh, sorry, I just about forgot that this thread involved a concept. This is loads better than the crap they just released, good job, Elliott.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Please don't let this turn into patsox's Marlins thread. Either patsox stop posting on Elliott's threads and/or Elliott stop responding to the dumb stuff patsox says. And patsox, there was no reason for you to post your "rude comments" just because you don't like Elliott. And let me ask you this patsox, what is exactly wrong about how Elliott presents himself?

Oh, sorry, I just about forgot that this thread involved a concept. This is loads better than the crap they just released, good job, Elliott.

Whatever.

I honestly think I might just be biased because I like what the Jags put out much much better. I seriously didn't come in with the intention of bashing Elliott for no real reason. Not this time anyway.

Let's see:

Downgrade.

I know I worded that like a douche, but quite frankly I don't like the way you go about posting your concepts and I have no respect for you either. And also, don't act like I didn't bring up valid points. I'm just telling it like it is. I may have commented in a slightly rude way, but it's nothing either of us has never seen before. I used to constantly get posts like that for virtually no reason other than the fact that people disliked me. Get over it and let's just agree to disagree.

The thing is patsox, I have never conducted myself in a way that merits a lack of respect. You get posts like this not necessarily because people don't like you, but because you consistently present your concepts in such a way where it is obvious that you put no effort forth, and the resulting responses reflect that. And then you take it out on me. You have no respect for me. Fine. Then don't post on my threads. It's as simple as that. Arguments like this will continue to happen if you keep provoking them. I don't want that to happen anymore. Yes, I'm argumentative, obviously, but only when provoked. So stop starting this crap up for the sake of the other members here.

Guys, let me apologize for the bickering on this thread, I can assure you that I don't want this to happen, and I want you to focus on the concept. I do respond to patsox's immaturity but it is something in my nature to argue back when I feel I am wronged. I don't think that's hard to understand. Know that this would never happen if patsox didn't start it, but I do help keep the argument going, and for that I do apologize. Now I would appreciate it if we could shift back to the concept as I don't want this to get graveyarded.

Let's see:

Downgrade.

The thing is patsox, I have never conducted myself in a way that merits a lack of respect. You get posts like this not necessarily because people don't like you, but because you consistently present your concepts in such a way where it is obvious that you put no effort forth, and the resulting responses reflect that. And then you take it out on me. You have no respect for me. Fine. Then don't post on my threads. It's as simple as that. Arguments like this will continue to happen if you keep provoking them. I don't want that to happen anymore. Yes, I'm argumentative, obviously, but only when provoked. So stop starting this crap up for the sake of the other members here.

Guys, let me apologize for the bickering on this thread, I can assure you that I don't want this to happen, and I want you to focus on the concept. I do respond to patsox's immaturity but it is something in my nature to argue back when I feel I am wronged. I don't think that's hard to understand. Know that this would never happen if patsox didn't start it, but I do help keep the argument going, and for that I do apologize. Now I would appreciate it if we could shift back to the concept as I don't want this to get graveyarded.

MOD EDIT

Consider this the only warning. If this continues, say goodbye to your membership.

elliott, I love this. The only disappointment I have is that you didn't add a 3rd (black) jersey. I know the Jags want to get rid of the black jersey, but I happen to think it works just fine with their overall look. I feel this is better than the bland set they put out. The wordmark could use some touching up but you already know that. I still think it looks good on the uniform though. For other Jags concepts, I have suggested the addition of some Jag print somewhere, but honestly your concept doesn't even need it. Let's see a black one! :)

Archived