Super Bowl XXIX

AHcreative

Well I was just browsing through the Super Bowl logos and the only logo that really bugs me is the XXIX logo. In my opinion this logo seemed very flat, very boring, in its attempt. I decided to take the logo and make some minor adjustments just to make it "pop".

Here's what I changed:

I) The colors: The original colors were an odd combination of a sort of "periwinkle", I guess you could say, maroon, and a tan-ish color that I never found appealing. Since this Super Bowl was played in Miami, I decided to use the Dolphins colors as a basis. The orange is the current and the aqua is close to the lighter aqua that the Dolphins wore in the 70s.

II) The overlapping crosses that were the X's looked weird to me. I just thought that I would make the X into one simple shape as it is, instead of using overlapping lines.

III) I moved the font down closer to the Roman numerals and changed the outline of the numerals so that the "sunrise" "shined" through them rather than having a solid background that split up the sunrise. Also since I altered the background on which "Super Bowl" was written, the rays are a little different. I tried to get them to look as balanced as possible. It still looks a tad bit off-center, but it's as close as I could get it.

So, here it is. This did take awhile as I tried many different color combinations, outlines, font placements, etc.

SuperBowlXXIX.png

And here is the old one for reference.

Well I was just browsing through the Super Bowl logos and the only logo that really bugs me is the XXIX logo. In my opinion this logo seemed very flat, very boring, in its attempt. I decided to take the logo and make some minor adjustments just to make it "pop".

Here's what I changed:

I) The colors: The original colors were an odd combination of a sort of "periwinkle", I guess you could say, maroon, and a tan-ish color that I never found appealing. Since this Super Bowl was played in Miami, I decided to use the Dolphins colors as a basis. The orange is the current and the aqua is close to the lighter aqua that the Dolphins wore in the 70s.

II) The overlapping crosses that were the X's looked weird to me. I just thought that I would make the X into one simple shape as it is, instead of using overlapping lines.

III) I moved the font down closer to the Roman numerals and changed the outline of the numerals so that the "sunrise" "shined" through them rather than having a solid background that split up the sunrise. Also since I altered the background on which "Super Bowl" was written, the rays are a little different. I tried to get them to look as balanced as possible. It still looks a tad bit off-center, but it's as close as I could get it.

So, here it is. This did take awhile as I tried many different color combinations, outlines, font placements, etc.

SuperBowlXXIX.png

Sorry, not really feeling this one, i dunno whether it's because the colour scheme looks really acidic or whether it's because the colours are instantly recognisable as the Dolphins colours and Superbowl logos imo should have independant colour schemes (as far as possible). There isn't enough contrast between any of the colours either, i'm not saying the original did either but it could do with more contrast.

While i think some of the other changes you've made have improved it slightly i feel they get lost with a downgrade in colours.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Here's what I changed:

SuperBowlXXIX.png

i know its kinda dolphinish color wise but i really think they go together well for that logo. by comparisons the old logo looks ugly.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah, I was kinda going for the sorta Dolphinish look since it was held in Miami. I always liked logos that represented the city a little; I know the Super Bowl XXXVII logo was praised (for the most part) for using Chargers colors, and I've always loved the XXXI logo for using Mardi Gras colors since it was held in New Orleans.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived