New Logo at the bottom of the Stanley Cup

jkrdevil

Don't wanna take credit for finding this because someone posted it on the Uniwatch comments but a "Stanley Cup Journal" on the HHOF website makes reference to the HHOF logo having been recently added to the bottom of the cup. The entry is about Def Leppard apparently putting the cup on the stage upside down.
Whether the Cup was intentionally placed upside down has fuelled rabid debate. If nothing else, and trying to find the silver lining, the incident gave viewers the chance to see the Hockey Hall of Fame's current logo newly engraved on the bottom of hockey's greatest trophy.

...the new base was attached a few months ago, without the NHL's knowledge. The old logo would have been seen during that incident last year. Trust me on this.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You don't need to pick up the trophy or go through each ring and find a misspelled European name to find out which Cup is which.

My lone hint: It involves Edmonton.

What in the world are you talking about? If you know something, just say it. Otherwise, people will ignore your comments. I don't think anyone really wants to play your little game...

Read my response.

Peter Pocklington had his dad's name Basil Pocklington added to the Cup. Then it was covered up with XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX on the presentation Cup.

-Dan

Adam Deadmarch. The only name to be corrected on the Stanley Cup.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You don't need to pick up the trophy or go through each ring and find a misspelled European name to find out which Cup is which.

What in the world are you talking about? If you know something, just say it. Otherwise, people will ignore your comments. I don't think anyone really wants to play your little game...

I think I know what he's talking about. One of the Oilers, I forget who, opened up the base of the cup and scratched his name on the inside. I heard if from an FSN special about the Pens wins in 91, 92 I think. Former Penguin Phil Borque told the story of how he opened up the cup when he had his day with it. When he opened it, I believe he found 2 other names scratched in there with dates. He took a screw driver and scratched his name in there as well.

I'm way to lazy to Google it to fact check. But that's the gist of it.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

BTW, this is essentially what the logo on the old base was, save for the second banner underneath it.

gi20301.gif

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Brief rundown on the three cups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup#O...eplica_versions

The new logo is on the Stanley Cup, which is the "authenticated version." The original is the actual original, the bowl purchased by Lord Stanley himself. And the replica is just a body double for promotions when the actual cup is unavailable. The replica was not the one awarded to the Pens.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Brief rundown on the three cups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup#O...eplica_versions

The new logo is on the Stanley Cup, which is the "authenticated version." The original is the actual original, the bowl purchased by Lord Stanley himself. And the replica is just a body double for promotions when the actual cup is unavailable. The replica was not the one awarded to the Pens.

So, essentially what I said on the previous page (although I didn't need wikipedia to know that answer)? ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Don't wanna take credit for finding this because someone posted it on the Uniwatch comments but a "Stanley Cup Journal" on the HHOF website makes reference to the HHOF logo having been recently added to the bottom of the cup. The entry is about Def Leppard apparently putting the cup on the stage upside down.
Whether the Cup was intentionally placed upside down has fuelled rabid debate. If nothing else, and trying to find the silver lining, the incident gave viewers the chance to see the Hockey Hall of Fame's current logo newly engraved on the bottom of hockey's greatest trophy.

...the new base was attached a few months ago, without the NHL's knowledge. The old logo would have been seen during that incident last year. Trust me on this.

I hate to tell you NM, but the current HHOF logo was most certainly on the base of the cup during that incident. As seen earlier that night:

83205318.jpg

BCBannersSig.png

I hate to tell you NM, but the current HHOF logo was most certainly on the base of the cup during that incident. As seen earlier that night:

83205318.jpg

Hum... that is not what I was told. I was told it was after the band was updated, not concurrently. My bad then.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Here's a

of that sorry incident and a screen grab where you can see Joe Elliott showing the new logo.

0.jpg

Here's your answer:

Oilers84.jpg

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived