Orange Bowl Logo (a new take on an old logo)

dbackdiehard17

okay, so my first concept sucked... after I read your criticism, I went back and completely re-did what I had created. I know the lines aren't perfect, but I think I've come up with a logo that has some potential, and could be a pretty cool logo if given the right guidance.

So here's round two!

With the game being played in South Florida I decided to add a sun in the background, I thought it was a nice tie in... I made the Orange Bowl guy a football player stiff arming (and while the lines aren't perfect, I think they're much improved)...

I really hope you guys like this concert more than the last one...

I'm willing to make the corrections to make this a solid logo...

ORANGEBOWL5.jpg

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Sorry man, don't mean to be rude, but this is not an upgrade at all.

Your lines are sloppy, the colors go outside the lines like a little kids coloring book, the colors make it look like they're from the 70's mixed with the Orlando Thunder, the football looks like a peanut, that's not even the FedEx logo, just...bleh.

And no offense, there's no way you made that in illustrator. That's no reason to have colors outside of the lines and such. Did you even use the pen tool? It honestly looks like you used the pencil or a brush for the whole thing.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Sorry man, don't mean to be rude, but this is not an upgrade at all.

Your lines are sloppy, the colors go outside the lines like a little kids coloring book, the colors make it look like they're from the 70's mixed with the Orlando Thunder, the football looks like a peanut, just...bleh.

Hey Chestnutz,

Yeah, as I said, I'm just learning how to use Illustrator, the lines I will try hard to improve on.

As I mentioned originally the colors are not supposed to be from the 1970's but when I exported it it discolored the logo, so that's my reason for that...

Do you have any advice to offer? Or do you just hate it?

I can see it. And TBH, it's not the best, sorry. The body is out of proportion, one leg is larger than the other and everything just looks like a crude sketch. I really don't know how else to explain it. Also, that's not the official FedEx logo, is it?

Now, I'm no expert with Illustrator (I use paint) but I think that you should try to learn the program better before posting concepts. Just keep working with it.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Just study professional logos. To learn illustrator and what makes a good logo, I highly recommend just grabbing a few logos on the mothersite and just tracing them in Illustrator, line for line, color for color. It will help you a lot in learning the Pen tool and coloring it in, and how bold, clean, smooth lines make a logo. A logo isn't a drawing. Right now yours is just a drawing done in paint pretty much.

Really though, keep at it. I was just like you when I started using vector programs and making logos. I sucked, to put it bluntly, and others can attest to it if they can remember that far back. But I kept at it, and kept making logos and concepts, and eventually you'll become more comfortable with the program. And now, I'm galaxies better. Don't get discouraged if you're not great at first, it's a tough thing to learn.

There's some website out there with a Learn illustrator in 30 days thing, and that should help a lot. Don't know the exact site, maybe someone can help me out there.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Is his right arm supposed to be growing out of the side of his head, or is his ear just really long and have the ability to hold a football?

Assuming it's an arm, I think he has a broken wrist.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks guys, I will work on everything you said...

I thought the idea was good, but apparently no one even likes that... o well, anyhow, i'll try working on it, and when i have something much more improved I'll bring it back on to the forums...

Archived