My Atlanta Braves concept

Jaybird

Since I am not good at drawing or illustrating, I wonder if someone can help me on a concept project for the Atlanta Braves uniforms. I wanted to take some of what they are currently wearing with some tweaks of my own. Here are my concept ideas:

Home: remain the same (white uniforms with blue/red/blue stripe trim with red "Braves" tomahawk logo, blue cap, red bill, white script "A") but I would add the "Tomahawk A" logo in red on the left sleeve. I would also add numbers under the tomahawk (ala the Boston and Milwaukee Braves).

Road: gray with red/blue/red stripe trim, blue "Atlanta" tomahawk logo like they have on their blue jerseys, blue numbers on the front and back, blue "Tomahawk A" logo on left sleeve, blue cap with blue bill and white script "A".

Red alternate: keep it the same (blue "Braves" tomahawk logo, white/blue/white stripe trim) but add blue numbers on the front, blue "Tomahawk A" logo on left sleeve. Caps would be current alternate hats (blue cap, red bill, red "Tomahawk A").

Blue alternate: blue with white/red/white stripe trim, red "Atlanta" tomahawk logo (like they have on the current road gray uniforms), red numbers on the front and back, red "Tomahawk A" on the left sleeve. Caps would be solid navy (like the current road caps) but with the red "Tomahawk A" logo.

Also, I have two alternate red cap ideas:

1. Red with a blue script A trimmed in white with a blue bill.

2. Red with a blue tomahawk A with a blue bill.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

alrighty then, here ya go. first, the home and away with the home, away, away alt and both red alt caps

braveshomeaway.png

then the alternates, again with both red caps

bravesalts.png

just like your vision, man?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1. Numbers under the tomahawk is too much. It really throws off the balance on the front, having so much happening on the left side. I'd lose them.

2. The road caps have a white A, while there's no white anywhere else on the uniform, and very little red, while there's a lot of red on the uniform. If you have to have a road cap (the home cap is perfect for both sets), the A should at least be red with a thin white outline.

3. The tomahawk-A isn't a horrible logo, but IMO it's horrible on a cap. I'd lose them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1. Numbers under the tomahawk is too much. It really throws off the balance on the front, having so much happening on the left side. I'd lose them.

2. The road caps have a white A, while there's no white anywhere else on the uniform, and very little red, while there's a lot of red on the uniform. If you have to have a road cap (the home cap is perfect for both sets), the A should at least be red with a thin white outline.

3. The tomahawk-A isn't a horrible logo, but IMO it's horrible on a cap. I'd lose them.

The reason the cap would not have a letter "A" trimmed in red on a blue hat is because it would look too similar to what the Cardinals have. If you took the all-navy cap with a white "A" and trimmed it in red, It would look too similar to what the Nationals use for their road caps.

Come to think of it, maybe the numbers on the front concept would be too much.

alrighty then, here ya go. first, the home and away with the home, away, away alt and both red alt caps

braveshomeaway.png

bravesalts.png

Great work, Discrimihater. However, I would also like to see the blue home alternate hat with red brim and red "Tomahawk A" used for a road hat as well. On the solid navy road hat, the red button on the top of the cap looks out of place.

The navy blue "A" and"Tomahawk A" look great on the red caps. The white "A" would have looked good except it would too closely resemble the Phillies red/blue combo.

As for the numbers, I've always liked numbers on the front, but it you want to drop the numbers, that's fine also.

braveshomeaway.png

bravesalts.png

Great work, Discrimihater. However, I would also like to see the blue home alternate hat with red brim and red "Tomahawk A" used for a road hat as well. On the solid navy road hat, the red button on the top of the cap looks out of place.

The navy blue "A" and"Tomahawk A" look great on the red caps. The white "A" would have looked good except it would too closely resemble the Phillies red/blue combo.

As for the numbers, I've always liked numbers on the front, but it you want to drop the numbers, that's fine also.

In my first post, the reason I wanted the "Tomahawk A" logo is that I don't think the Braves will ever use the "Laughing Indian" or "Chief Noc-A-Homa" logo or even use the logo of the Native American in full headdress like the Boston Braves used and the Milwaukee Braves used until 1957.

The reason the cap would not have a letter "A" trimmed in red on a blue hat is because it would look too similar to what the Cardinals have. If you took the all-navy cap with a white "A" and trimmed it in red, It would look too similar to what the Nationals use for their road caps.

Come to think of it, maybe the numbers on the front concept would be too much.

There are going to be similarities to other teams regardless what you do. The solid white A on a navy cap is similar to the Yankees. The Cardinals aren't worried about being similar to the Red Sox, are they?

It can either be (kinda, sorta, not really) unique and not work, or look similar to something else and look great. I think many would choose the later.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

yeh, I was thinking about that....so I decided to hit Dressed to the Nines for a little reference, and comparing the Milwaukee and Atlanta pics on Tank's site, it does seem the Milwaukee era script was tilted at a higher angle than the Atlanta version. Honestly thopugh, looking at pictures, there is actually enough room right now for numbers if they wanted em. Anyways, I made a couple slight tweaks: I rotated the script 5 degrees counterclockwise and enlarged the front numbers slightly.

braveshomeaway2.png

bravesalts2.png

And for comparison's sake, the same thing sans front number

braveshomeaway3.png

bravesalts3.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

cool

A man of many words.

EDIT: I just read some of your previous comments, you posted "cool" (again) and "fantastic" and "good". Please type out your complete thought.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oooh, I just found three words- "it's kinda weird". Getting better my friend.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived