Uniform pet peeves

scarsofthumper

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3. Leagues where most teams have red-white-and-blue color schemes. The whole point of uniforms is to make teams look different. Every league should have at least one team with each of these combos: blue/yellow; blue/orange, green/yellow; green/red; red/yellow; black/red, black/orange; blue/green; green/black. Throw in a handful of blue/red; black/white, red/white; and blue/white. Or other combinations, but the point is that red and blue are overdone in several leagues, and pointlessly so. And some sports do even worse and put the two red/black teams in the same division, in which case they'd be better off just all being red, white, and blue.

:mad: I'm gonna just assume you accidentally left off purple.

3. Leagues where most teams have red-white-and-blue color schemes. The whole point of uniforms is to make teams look different. Every league should have at least one team with each of these combos: blue/yellow; blue/orange, green/yellow; green/red; red/yellow; black/red, black/orange; blue/green; green/black. Throw in a handful of blue/red; black/white, red/white; and blue/white. Or other combinations, but the point is that red and blue are overdone in several leagues, and pointlessly so. And some sports do even worse and put the two red/black teams in the same division, in which case they'd be better off just all being red, white, and blue.

:mad: I'm gonna just assume you accidentally left off purple.

Sure sure, accident. Whatever you say. B)

Purple is a particularly tough color to pull off well. I'd like to see the Rockies use more purple and less black, but aside from that I just can't recommend purple to any baseball team. If you get the shade right, like the Vikings, it's a great football or hockey uniform color, but in baseball, where every color is basically an accent color to dominantly white uniforms, purple is probably more trouble than it's worth. Again, except for the Rockies, who need to wear all-purple caps and turn up the purple in the scripts.

20082614447.png

Archived