Detroit Red Wings

jake22

This is my 1000th Post. With that said I wanted to do a special concept for this occasion. This is a concept I have touched on before a little bit in the alternate series. But this time I am re-branding the whole team instead of making a 3rd jersey. I wanted to give the wings and modern look while at the same time keep it classic.

The Logos: The primary logo is an old English "D" with a wing on each side.

Secondary: The current red wings logo, on a red background I changed the colors around instead of just putting a white outline around it.

Alternate: The English "D" from the primary.

styleguide1.png

Uniforms: I outlined the shoulder yolk kind of like what the islanders do. I used a classic two stripe pattern through out the uniforms. I also gave it a laced up collar to keep it classic. I may do an alternate at some point but for now I like the set.

Home

DetroitRedWingsHome-1.png

Road

DetroitRedWingsRoad-1.png

C&C please.

lose the "Detriot Red Wings" under the logo and on the pants. and your logo should be the secondary.( Detroit is spelled wrong also) and they are a red version of a maple leafs jersey i did a few years ago.(i dont care thats just my first thought and it is just to much of a Maple Leafs look for the Wings to use)

oh and try and incorporate the wings inter changing stpiping idea in them too.

Leafs3Hpng.png

For the main logo, I'd say make the "D" larger and the Wings smaller and remove the "Detroit Red Wings"

I don't know if I'm sold on the shoulder outline or the winged wheel as a shoulder logo.

But all and all good job

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Logos: The primary logo is an old English "D" with a wing on each side.

Secondary: The current red wings logo, on a red background I changed the colors around instead of just putting a white outline around it.

Territory: The English "D" from the primary.

Ha. Ha.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Don't want to discourage you from making this concept, but I think that it needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

1. Lose the name on the jersey and on the pants and go with the single stripe pants like thay have now.

2 If you want to use that D-wing logo use something other than the Tigers old english D, why not use the D the Wings wore at the classic.

3. Take off the stripe around the shoulders this is an Original Six member and to me they have a certain tradition that you just don't mess with by putting newer design ideas on them from younger franchises. The reason why teams such as Montreal, Chicago, Toronto, Rangers, Detroit have the same uniforms and logos for so long because they are classic the way they are meant to be. Boston messed around with trying new ideas on the uniforms and logos only to realize they had messed up such as the "Winnie the Pooh" logo and went back to a traditional look with the Orr era similar design. Even though the walking bear logo is modernized it has the feel of the the original logo they had.

My suggestion to use is go to NHLUniforms.com look through what detroit has worn in it's history even back when they were the Cougars and the Falcons during the early days of the NHL. I believe that you can come up with an outstanding uniform sat and maybe an alternate logo, if not a great 3rd jersey that envokes the honor and history of the Red Wings.

Good luck to you on this and keep it up.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I know the red wings are a classic team, i don't know if I would really even want to see this on the ice. I'm doing a modern concept for them because i think it could work. The Red Wings are never going to wear this, can i get some more C&C that isnt about making it look like the past 100 years?

Archived