MLB Sunday Alternate Series

knnhrvy16

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the Cubs! I wanna see what you come up with

Oh that's a good idea too....i'll definetely look into it! Sounds like fun! :D

I'm assuming you're a Cubs fan, so can I ask you as a fan, would you rather see something like, a modernized throwback or something completely new? Just to get a good idea haha

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Do the Cubs! I wanna see what you come up with

Oh that's a good idea too....i'll definetely look into it! Sounds like fun! :D

I'm assuming you're a Cubs fan, so can I ask you as a fan, would you rather see something like, a modernized throwback or something completely new? Just to get a good idea haha

I'ma big fan. Ya know, it doesn't really matter to me. They're had some interesting ones through the years, and they've had some nice logos back then too.

The current ones they have now are fine wth me. They just 'overwear' the blue alternates. I've already looked into a concept like this myself.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...p;#entry1177166

See what you can come up with

Okay sounds great!

Cubs are comin up next :) I'll see what I can come up with and post somethin tommorrow mornin perhaps. After doin some research and thinkin up some ideas, i've got a couple concepts in mind. I'll keep you guys posted!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Alright, now up to bat are the Chicago Cubs.

I always loved the looks that the Cubs had in the early 1940's. it screamed classic baseball, the way baseball should look. I dug up some old photos doing some research and made up my mind that i'd tip my cap to a look the Cubs enjoyed notable success in - the war-time era.

To differentiate from the Phillies and my Cardinals concept, I opted not to make the uniform cream colored, to avoid being repetitive in my modernizations of throwbacks. I also changed up the Cub logo, dropping the "C" and coloring the Cub's face tan instead of white, a tweak geared towards the cub-face alternate worn in the late 1950's and 1960's. I faded out the blue a little to give it a classic look and to make it look sort of worn down or aged, if you know what I mean. The "Cubs" script more closely resembles the one worn during the time and the three red stripes on the socks are a tribute to those worn on the socks and sleeves at the time. Kept the nameplate on the back to still give it a modern touch. The cub logo on the sleeve also gave it a modern touch, I felt, as well. Also, the piping on both the jersey and pants are much thicker than normal, another feature the Cubs had during the 1940's.

Let me know what you guys think!

MLBSundayAlternatesCHC1.png

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Theres a reason the Cubs have modified their logos and unis over the years.....

Umm, that's not a whole lot for me to work with. If youre going to give C&C, i'd appreciate it if you'd tell me what to change and how to change it, not just give some remark like that.

Plus, I know youre a Cardinals fan and you probably just hate the Cubs period anyways :P so it's hard to tell if that's what youre indicating or what.

Anymore C&C on the Cubs from anyone?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Okay. It's not bad, but it reminds me too much of the Mets, who switch off between blue pinstripes and white with blue piping. The scavenging bear is a bad logo despite the tweaks, and there's no sense in having one main Cubs cap that the team has worn for over 50 years, and then the same one but without the white around the C to make it stand out. That's why they got rid of the stupid red-billed hat. The red stripes on the socks, though, yeah! That's a change that should be made today.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Alright, got some updates for the Cubs here.

I have not one, but two ideas for you guys, and I'll have to explain the logic behind the second one so please bear with me haha :)

Okay, for the first one, I lightened the shade of blue to more closely resemble the blue worn today, but still faded it out a little. I felt on the first one after looking at it a couple of times that the blue was too dark. I replaced the "Cubs" logo with a "Cubs" script, and I replaced the plain red "C" on the cap with the current "C".

MLBSundayAlternatesCHC2.png

And now, for the second one.

there was a true and honest reason I did this one, and it's actually something quite special to me. It's sort of a tribute to a family memeber, in a ways. I got this idea when I looked at a picture on my desk. It is a picture of a baseball team my Great-Uncle Ronnie played on overseas while my Great-Grandfather was stationed in the Pacific. I don't know the name of the base unfortunately, but I do know that it was in the pacific. I never met my Uncle Ronnie as he died while I was very young and lived on the other side of the country in Illinois at the time of his death, but my dad and grandmother told me many stories about him and he's always been a sort of hero to me. Well anyways, the name of his team was - you guessed it - the Cubs. I looked at thier uniforms for a bit and realized that, despite looking nothing like what the Cubs wore during the war or anything they wore at all for that matter, that it would look very sharp for them if they ever tried it. The idea popped in my head to base a second idea on my Uncle Ronnie's Cubs' uniforms. Their team colors were Navy and White, and their white colored uniforms (the only ones they had, mind you) featured a very classy "Cubs" script on the front with navy piping similar to that of the Detroit Tigers. Thier cap was Navy was a simple block "C" in white. Of course, I tweaked that look around a little bit to represent the real Cubs better, replacing Navy with faded Cub blue, replaced the block "C' with the Cubs "C" but in white, and kept the Red striped socks, red tip of the cap and the cub logo on the sleeve. Also, I tweaked the Cubs script to look a little more like the script on my Uncle's team's uniforms. Again, this is just an idea I threw out there but let me know what you guys think.

MLBSundayAlternateCHC3.png

Thoughts?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

That's awesome to hear, C Jay Z! Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :) yeah I just felt like I should give it a shot, I always loved my Uncle's teams' uniforms and it just donned on me to base it off of those, so i'm glad you like em haha! :)

Any other C&C from anybody?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

That's awesome to hear, C Jay Z! Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :) yeah I just felt like I should give it a shot, I always loved my Uncle's teams' uniforms and it just donned on me to base it off of those, so i'm glad you like em haha! :)

Any other C&C from anybody?

Yeah, that looks amazing and so is the story behind it!

Can't wait to see what you can whip up for the Indians!

6fQjS3M.png

I'm glad to hear the Cubs were a winner! It was sort of an out of the blue thing so i'm very glad to hear that haha! Thanks for the comments! :)

Alright for this next one, i'm not quite sure what to say about this one.

The Pittsburgh Pirates.

I've been at a loss for new ideas for some teams, but this one for the Bucs has been floating around in my head for a long while, problem is that im not ready to call this a finished product.

Reasons:

-It feels like something is really missing

-I don't know what that something is

-And I need HELP! :P

I came up with this, and i'm certainly in need of C&C here. I'm not expecting this to look nice to everyone obviously haha, but what i need is something I can add to this to make it look better... I figured i'd go ahead and post this just to see what your guys' thoughts are on it. Consider this a "rough draft" of sorts, if you will.

MLBSundayAlternatesPIT.png

Thoughts?

And dont worry sizemorematters, i'm going to think up up some Indians ideas so stay tuned! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I have not one, but two ideas for you guys, and I'll have to explain the logic behind the second one so please bear with me haha :)

Okay, for the first one, I lightened the shade of blue to more closely resemble the blue worn today, but still faded it out a little. I felt on the first one after looking at it a couple of times that the blue was too dark. I replaced the "Cubs" logo with a "Cubs" script, and I replaced the plain red "C" on the cap with the current "C".

And now, for the second one.

there was a true and honest reason I did this one, and it's actually something quite special to me. It's sort of a tribute to a family memeber, in a ways. I got this idea when I looked at a picture on my desk. It is a picture of a baseball team my Great-Uncle Ronnie played on overseas while my Great-Grandfather was stationed in the Pacific. I don't know the name of the base unfortunately, but I do know that it was in the pacific. I never met my Uncle Ronnie as he died while I was very young and lived on the other side of the country in Illinois at the time of his death, but my dad and grandmother told me many stories about him and he's always been a sort of hero to me. Well anyways, the name of his team was - you guessed it - the Cubs. I looked at thier uniforms for a bit and realized that, despite looking nothing like what the Cubs wore during the war or anything they wore at all for that matter, that it would look very sharp for them if they ever tried it. The idea popped in my head to base a second idea on my Uncle Ronnie's Cubs' uniforms. Their team colors were Navy and White, and their white colored uniforms (the only ones they had, mind you) featured a very classy "Cubs" script on the front with navy piping similar to that of the Detroit Tigers. Thier cap was Navy was a simple block "C" in white. Of course, I tweaked that look around a little bit to represent the real Cubs better, replacing Navy with faded Cub blue, replaced the block "C' with the Cubs "C" but in white, and kept the Red striped socks, red tip of the cap and the cub logo on the sleeve. Also, I tweaked the Cubs script to look a little more like the script on my Uncle's team's uniforms. Again, this is just an idea I threw out there but let me know what you guys think.

MLBSundayAlternateCHC3.png

Thoughts?

Sorry but this Cubs script screams Expos to me... and there will always e only one expos team :(

That being said, I can't say I can offer too much suggestion on how to make it work.

I'm thinking go a little wild, Alt to me should be innovative, like your powder blue (more bright then powder on my monitor) Rays, which I LOVE!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

MLBSundayAlternatesCHC2.png

Thoughts?

Sorry but this Cubs script screams Expos to me... and there will always e only one expos team sad.gif

That being said, I can't say I can offer too much suggestion on how to make it work.

I'm thinking go a little wild, Alt to me should be innovative, like your powder blue (more bright then powder on my monitor) Rays, which I LOVE!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Interesting idea, but you are indeed missing some things:

-Sleeve patch (I'd personally prefer this one)

-Fix the piping to be white-black-white

-Numbers in the front, I think it'll fill some negative space

-Again, 'McCutchen' not 'McCutcheon' :P

You get those things down and you have a winner ^_^

i like all of your designs so far. i always like ppl who think of creative ideas to change some dull uniforms. i also think the twins need a new sunday alternate. i cant wait until you make an alt. for em.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Alright thanks for the comments and help, I'll get to Pittsburgh when I can. With school starting up and me having to work alot for the next bit, it might be a little while before i update but stay posted, i'll work on it when I can.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived