Western Kentucky installs FieldTurf.

sacker12

I was browsing one of the other forums I frequent often, and I found out that Western Kentucky also installed a new FieldTurf surface at their stadium. I'm really glad that they did this because their old AstroPlay surface was looking really old. Anyways, here it is. Apart from the endzones (they should have put "HILLTOPPERS" instead of "WKU"), I I think it turned out real well.

http://www.wkusports.com//pics21/1024/PB/P...90403004523.jpg

EDIT: Here is the full article for those who are interested.

http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=3705830

that is a pretty impressive looking FBS stadium The Red blob on the water tower thing is a bit annoying tho.

They just completed the improvements to the stadium last season. They included new locker rooms, seats, luxury suites, and other amenities. The turf was just installed this spring. The last time I was there (2007), everything was still under construction.

The "WKU" endzones looks really disappointing to me,they should've went w/ "WESTERN" or something

Does anybody call them that?

I get the feeling that they only really had "WKU" and "Hilltoppers" as feasible options.

Oz brings up a great idea. It would have been cool if they did "WESTERN" in one endzone and "KENTUCKY" in another. But, yes, the "WKU" in both endzones look terrible. It would have looked better if they put "HILLTOPPERS" in one of the endzones.

The "WKU" endzones looks really disappointing to me,they should've went w/ "WESTERN" or something

I get the feeling that they only really had "WKU" and "Hilltoppers" as feasible options.

Oz brings up a great idea. It would have been cool if they did "WESTERN" in one endzone and "KENTUCKY" in another. But, yes, the "WKU" in both endzones look terrible. It would have looked better if they put "HILLTOPPERS" in one of the endzones.

Yeah, maybe it looks cool, but when you really only see one endzone at a time on TV, I don't think it's the smartest idea.

Yeah, maybe it looks cool, but when you really only see one endzone at a time on TV, I don't think it's the smartest idea.

Yeah, but it seems to work for Arkansas (at least last season), Ohio State, Georgia, and other teams. LSU is the only team that I think of that can pull off the three-letter school initials in the endzone.

Also, it is very redundant since, if you look at it this way, WKU is now shown three times on the field: once on the midfield logo, and two times in both the endzones. It would have looked better if they went with either "HILLTOPPERS" in both the endzones (which is what they had on their previous turf surface), or with the aforementioned "WESTERN" and "KENTUCKY" in the endzones.

But, then again, they may have been trying to cut corners on the cost by electing to only have three letters in each endzone instead of the letters needed for the other two previously mentioned options. Also, I'm not a big fan of the font used in the endzones. I wish they either used Arial or the City Bold (I think) that is used in the type face.

Archived