inkscape problems

MNsports09

i have had many problems with inkscape that none of the other topics have helped out.

1. How do i color in the different spaces on the inkscape templates from the SVG movement? I've tried to ungroup the objects, but it says theyre arent any objects to ungroup.

2. Are theyre any tutorials out there that teach you the basics of how to make a logo?

Please just be helpful in your posts, dont tell me negative things, as im new at this. all the help i can get will make me an overall better logo designer.

thanks

I traced most of the templates I use, so I can't really answer #1 for ya. I do, however, have what I feel are a couple good pieces of advice for the basics of making logos: as far as making something from scratch, draw it first. Pencil and paper. Most good logos start that way (not all, but the majority of em). Start simple, and then add on once you feel you've got the hang of simple. My other piece of advice is to give tracing existing logos a shot (and not with Trace Bitmap, I mean the hard way). Kinda like one of those books your mom gave you when you were little, with the translucent blue glass, it'll give you a feel for making a logo. And if you can trace something intricate, like the old Vancouver/Memphis grizzly, then you know you'll be set (though, I don't recommend starting with that one. Something simpler would be a good starting point, like the Oilers derrick or the Chicago Bull). Hell, I used to trace everything myself before I got inkscape.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I traced most of the templates I use, so I can't really answer #1 for ya. I do, however, have what I feel are a couple good pieces of advice for the basics of making logos: as far as making something from scratch, draw it first. Pencil and paper. Most good logos start that way (not all, but the majority of em). Start simple, and then add on once you feel you've got the hang of simple. My other piece of advice is to give tracing existing logos a shot (and not with Trace Bitmap, I mean the hard way). Kinda like one of those books your mom gave you when you were little, with the translucent blue glass, it'll give you a feel for making a logo. And if you can trace something intricate, like the old Vancouver/Memphis grizzly, then you know you'll be set (though, I don't recommend starting with that one. Something simpler would be a good starting point, like the Oilers derrick or the Chicago Bull). Hell, I used to trace everything myself before I got inkscape.

you mean trace logos using pencil/paper? then how do i get it onto the computer? but i digress, good advice. how do you use the trace bitmap anyway? did you use the trace bitmap to trace ur templates?

What he meant was using the pen tool to re-trace logos in Inkscape.

would the pen tool be the pencil button w/ the squigly line underneath on the lefthand side of inkscape? if so, that would seem extremely difficult to make the template look clean, with accurate lines and such.

would the pen tool be the pencil button w/ the squigly line underneath on the lefthand side of inkscape? if so, that would seem extremely difficult to make the template look clean, with accurate lines and such.

Discrimihater was talking about tracing logos with the pen tool, not templates.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

i know that, but he also said he traces his templates. so how would i make the templates?

i know that, but he also said he traces his templates. so how would i make the templates?

Same way you trace logos.

inkscape-shapes-en-r1.0.png

The pen tool we're talking about is the one that is two tools above the text tool. The one that has the two "nodes" on it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived