Hockey Jersey

Limerick

So the plan is to create a hockey league as my first project. Before doing this, I wanted to try my hand at a few jerseys first and get some feedback from all of you. I have provided a link to the album on photobucket. I would have prefered posting the jerseys here instead of the link but I have not figured out that part yet. In the meantime, let me know what you think and please be honest with your criticism as I really would like to perfect my craft.

Limerick

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/...nd/Project5.png

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/...yofProject5.png

Well, I like where you're going with the logo. I think if somebody could clean it up, then it could be a real winner. My biggest pet peeve is the lack of colour coordination between the logo and jersey. Why black and yellow? Why not the grey you used on the logo, along with maybe white and black? That might look a bit better. Also, was your intention to make it a big logo? I think it might actually work a tad better as a smaller crest logo, and maybe you could include some hem stripes. Like I said, I like where you're going, but just practice, practice, practice!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thanks for the quick response Brass97.

The large logo was more of an oversight on my part. Irealized that after I did it. I also realized that the jersey number is missing. I thought about black and grey as my colours but then I worried that the grey would blend with the logo. What would you suggest in terms of cleaning up the logo. Sharper and bolder edges? More colour?

Thanks for the quick response Brass97.

The large logo was more of an oversight on my part. Irealized that after I did it. I also realized that the jersey number is missing. I thought about black and grey as my colours but then I worried that the grey would blend with the logo. What would you suggest in terms of cleaning up the logo. Sharper and bolder edges? More colour?

The fur is just too detailed. It's pretty detailed at the moment and actually looks like tinfoil - just the way the colour mixture is. Also, try add some pupils to the eyes. If you use gray the right way, such as different striping patterns, then it won't get lost in the logo at all.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

you need to draw a logo rather than use ps effects to alter a photo.

id look up inkscape and take a go at drawing the logo with that.

the colours seem weird to me too. limerick itself uses green as a colour.

but i would associate the area more with muster (the province its within)

as its largest town in the province.

the munster colours are navy, red and a hint of gold.

munster_fans_sarries.jpg

choose a reasonable color scheme and go with that. the black, grey, white, yellow doesnt look appealing, so a change is needed. also, i know you didnt mean to do this, but the bear head is too large. id say once you decide on one color scheme and clean up the logo, youll have one great First Concept. great start.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Archived