Chicago Bears

Dave Ship

Yeah I'm with Saturn on this one. If someone had said to me "I'm gonna add piping to a Bears concept" my reaction would probably have been a negative one, but when I saw the first version I was really surprised that I liked it. I thought it was subtle enough to not be Cardinals style overkill but at the same time there was enough done to make it worth having. I really did like it. The only other comments I would have had were put the GSH back on there somewhere but you've beat me to it, and perhaps reduce the logotypes on the chest slightly they seem a little large.

Excellent job and impressive template layout as well.

9erssteve

I'll co-sign to this too. It was very tastefully done and brought a modern edge to their identity while retaining everything classic about it. It would made them one of the best looking teams in the league... and this is from a Packers fan.

Meh. Not really blown away here, sorry. I feel it's a "what's new isn't true and what's true isn't new" case here.

Ah, no prob. I'll try to carry on my life although your comment.

Well, I'm just saying. So you put wordmarks above the numbers and tweaked the striping pattern for the worse. You have orange belts on blue pants, which doesn't make any sense. The numbers appear to be glowing. It's by no means a bad concept, it just doesn't improve upon what they already wear, which is probably impossible anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Meh. Not really blown away here, sorry. I feel it's a "what's new isn't true and what's true isn't new" case here.

Well, I'm just saying. So you put wordmarks above the numbers and tweaked the striping pattern for the worse. You have orange belts on blue pants, which doesn't make any sense. The numbers appear to be glowing. It's by no means a bad concept, it just doesn't improve upon what they already wear, which is probably impossible anyway.

great concept but didn't anyone realize the sleeve striping pattern is the exact same as the pre nike packers?..for as good as it is that is an absolute no go.

I'd almost like to see them go back to the 3 solid orange stripes with the current #'s like they had in the 40's

Ha ha. No, I'm not blaming you because of your comment, which can be constructive in some way. I just found it pretty weird when you say "sorry", sorry for what? Sounds like a teacher who reject a student (but you're not an authority). End of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the striping pattern different on the white jerseys and white socks? Seems like they should match.

My fault.

You should definitely add a GSH somewhere in this. Maybe on the sleeves or the hips, but it should certainly be there

Pardon, George Stanley Halas patch added:

bears_up.jpg

Very nice... modern, but maintaining the classic Bears look. Now as a suggestion... how about the orange alternate uniform?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Oh no, those are terrible. Remember the orange fauxbacks from 2004? I think that game had Jonathan Quinn and Craig Krenzel in at quarterback. That game should've been enough to forever retire wearing orange jerseys. Great Scott.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived