50th year AFL confusion....

wdm1219inpenna

I tried to post before but it didn't take so I'll try again. My understanding was any time 2 original AFL teams faced off, that they'd wear their 1960 duds, but that does not seem to be the case. I don't understand why they don't do that. Very disappointing, as is the NFL anyway anymore.

Also, while this is the 50th season for the 8 original AFL teams, the Dallas Cowboys also began in the "old" NFL in 1960. Why do they have nothing on their uniforms, etc. to commemorate their golden anniversary? And no I don't count the new stadium as what they would use to commemorate it either. Just wondering why. I remember the Cowboys had a "25" on their uniforms w/a star back in 1984, so I wonder why nothing for their 50th year.

I tried to post before but it didn't take so I'll try again. My understanding was any time 2 original AFL teams faced off, that they'd wear their 1960 duds, but that does not seem to be the case. I don't understand why they don't do that. Very disappointing, as is the NFL anyway anymore.

Also, while this is the 50th season for the 8 original AFL teams, the Dallas Cowboys also began in the "old" NFL in 1960. Why do they have nothing on their uniforms, etc. to commemorate their golden anniversary? And no I don't count the new stadium as what they would use to commemorate it either. Just wondering why. I remember the Cowboys had a "25" on their uniforms w/a star back in 1984, so I wonder why nothing for their 50th year.

Because Jerry was told he could either celebrate the Jerrydome or the 50th. Not both.

/Just guessing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Paragraph 1: Your understanding was incorrect. The NFL announced that there would be 16 Legacy Games (including the HOF Game). Only eleven Legacy Games will be match-ups between the eight original AFL teams.

Paragraph 2: While their 50th season is this year, like the AFL teams, they could celebrate their 50th Anniversary in 2010, which is different

Archived