4 NCAA football fixes

elliott

Hey there, it's been a while. I haven't done much football lately so I worked on a few concepts yesterday and today. It's basically 4 teams that I thought looked decent but, if tweaked, would look perfect. So, nothing really groundbreaking here but I do hope you find these to be upgrades over what the teams use now, because that was my purpose.

Florida Gators

-Made all striping the same width (that bothered the heck out of me)

-Removed the Gators mark from helmet and put it on chest

-Used block F on helmet

-The primary options are contrasting pants and jerseys. Monochrome is secondary. I don't know what they officially use now.

UFloridaConcept.gif

Miami Hurricanes

-Removed stripe from helmet, made helmet logo bigger

-I basically used what they use now on the pants as the inspiration for the concept. The same pattern comes down from the collar and appears under the numbers (I thought it looked like something nike would do). The pants get rid of the ass stripe and instead make things simpler, but with a little flourish that you would expect from a Miami uni (same goes for the jerseys)

-9 combos are available (like now) but I included the 5 I thought looked good.

UMiamiConcept.gif

Arizona State Sun Devils

-dropped black

-dropped piping

-instead of piping, thicker stripes

-ASU mark on the chest

-the home focuses on the contrast between gold and maroon. The road is mostly maroon, trimmed with gold.

ASUConcept.gif

Colorado Buffaloes

-dropped silver

-dropped the plating thing

-tweaked the pants a little, it's the same basic idea but matches the numbers better

-numbers move to shoulders, and the jerseys are very simple, no piping, with the buffalo on the sleeve

ColoradoBuffsConcept.gif

Comments welcome and appreciated, thanks.

interesting stuff. I feel like Florida isnt much different than what they have. the stripes seem even more bothersome than they already are in my book. I think FLA could use some toning down...they kind of remind me of Auburn. I feel like that modernized F would make for a great helmet logo...rater than the generic block one. I like that u kept the orange helmet, b/c a lot of people seem to go with white helmets when they redo florida. overall tho...just kinda boring.

Miami is interesting too...but, not an improvement to me. The ASU one is a lil boring as well...

but, I love the Colorado concept! 10x better than the crap they have now.

good attention to detail in all of these.

*just for a note tho, try making the seems a light grey rather than black

otherwise, u cant tell if ur using black piping or if its supposed to be left plain

For the most part, all improvements.

Florida bugs me a little bit, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe because there's just so much of the striping, and it's too thick. Looks too cluttered to me, with the double outline numbers adding more to the clutter.

I really like Miami. The striping is unique, just as Miami's should be. I'd prefer to keep the helmet stripe though, it looks a lil plain without it.

Love the ASU home, that's my favorite color combo and I love it without white. The stripes are way too thick on the pants though, it's throwing me off a lot. Not a fan of the away uniform, I guess I just don't like how it's a two-color number and two-color stripes (unlike the home).

Colorado is solid, I don't really know what they look like now but these are good. Don't like the shade of gold though, it looks like a tan (I guess I should blame that on the school, though).

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Elliot used a different gold. Colorado's gold now has a pretty strong yellow/green tint to it.

You are definitely right, the gold they use now is far superior.

Good suggestions guys, and yes I think gray seems might look better on the white, I've been doing NHL concepts with gray seams and it does work better.

Fantastic job on rectifying issues with each of these teams. I think you've given Florida a near-perfect set. I love the new helmet, and all the consistent striping looks so nice. You've also done a nice job of giving Miami a unique look that's not too much to handle. One small issue: the stripes on the lower back of the jersey look good, but I wonder how well they would translate to an actual game. No complaints whatsoever about ASU. Clean, classic look. Colorado looks nice as well, but I think you could probably do something with striping on the jersey to match the style of striping on the pants. Right now, they don't seem to go together.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived