Packers yellow vs. Invaders yellow

Blue Falcon

I thought I posted this topic a loooong time ago, but can't find it in search....ColorWerx I think you helped me out but since I can't find the post I forgot what transpired. :wacko:

The USFL's Invaders wore a yellow that I thought was closer to that of the Pittsburgh Panthers, more of a mustard yellow, compared to the NFL's Packers. I can't remember if they just used the same Pantone color and then didn't match it up with the helmet/jerseys or not!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

the eskimos helmet colour is exactly the same as the packers..

it used to be sunflower gold i think, but changed with the rebrand ( reebok ) in 05 because the sunflower gold was no longer available.. or something like that iirc??

What a coincidence that this thread was created. I recently watched the 30 for 30 USFL special on ESPN and was wondering why the Invaders' helmets looked so dark. They looked just like the old Pitt Panthers helmets as opposed to the Packers. Interesting. I wonder why that is.

I have a USFL media guide from 1983 that states that the Invaders gold was PMS 138.

Really?

Hmmm...maybe my source was wrong. However, 138 is REALLY dark:

PMS_138_C_SRGB.png

I'd concede that it might have been 138...I actually don't have any logosheets to back up 136...I got 136 from someone by word-of-mouth.

Archived