NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Sport

another uni note from this week is that the Browns did NOT wear all brown for the "brown-out" against the Ravens. Thank goodness.

There's always the Thursday night game against the Steelers in December. Our last hope of a brown out. By the way, how the hell did the Browns get 2 prime time games after going 4-12 last year? :jawdrop:

I wondered that too. I've got a feeling that if they don't put on a better showing on that Thursday night game, we may not be seeing them on primetime for a looong time.

another uni note from this week is that the Browns did NOT wear all brown for the "brown-out" against the Ravens. Thank goodness.

There's always the Thursday night game against the Steelers in December. Our last hope of a brown out. By the way, how the hell did the Browns get 2 prime time games after going 4-12 last year? :jawdrop:

I wondered that too. I've got a feeling that if they don't put on a better showing on that Thursday night game, we may not be seeing them on primetime for a looong time.

Thursday night games don't really count as "prime-time" games. Teams would rather not play on Thursday night, and those games don't get big ratings. They're probably the teams that FOX, CBS, and NBC didn't "reserve" for that particular weekend. It's not a big deal if the Browns, Rams, Lions, etc. get Thursday night games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Browns have been one of those teams the last few years that the media keep picking to have a breakthrough year. It was the same with the Panthers in recent years. They're crowned NFC champ before the season in what seems like most seasons. It explains why they both get primetime games for no reason.

Side note - I was bummed to hear Ronnie Brown is done for the year. I was looking forward to watching him play tonight, he's the most exciting player out there I think. As a Pats fan though, it's good though.

Thursday night games don't really count as "prime-time" games. Teams would rather not play on Thursday night, and those games don't get big ratings. They're probably the teams that FOX, CBS, and NBC didn't "reserve" for that particular weekend. It's not a big deal if the Browns, Rams, Lions, etc. get Thursday night games.

By that logic then why are they playing NFL champion Steelers on Thursday night football? They'd have had the Browns play the Raiders or Jags. Primetime is primetime, no matter what night of the week it's played on.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

There's always the Thursday night game against the Steelers in December. Our last hope of a brown out. By the way, how the hell did the Browns get 2 prime time games after going 4-12 last year? jawdrop.gif

By that logic then why are they playing NFL champion Steelers on Thursday night football? They'd have had the Browns play the Raiders or Jags. Primetime is primetime, no matter what night of the week it's played on.

Well I guess that even on some rare occasions, Hulk Hogan would show up on WWF Wrestling Challenge on Saturday mornings to beat on some poor jobber. I don't think anyone really gets excited for Thursday-night football - and while technically it's during prime time hours, it hardly garners the attention of the Sunday night and Monday night games. I'd say it's kind of like the ECW of the NFL - a chance to have mediocre or "up and coming" teams on TV when there's not other competing games. I've read that the players hate it, because of the short week, and I'd wager that the fans in the home cities don't like it, because you have to take a day off work to get your tailgating in (and then possibly even the next day off for recovery!)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's always the Thursday night game against the Steelers in December. Our last hope of a brown out. By the way, how the hell did the Browns get 2 prime time games after going 4-12 last year? jawdrop.gif

Well I guess that even on some rare occasions, Hulk Hogan would show up on WWF Wrestling Challenge on Saturday mornings to beat on some poor jobber. I don't think anyone really gets excited for Thursday-night football - and while technically it's during prime time hours, it hardly garners the attention of the Sunday night and Monday night games. I'd say it's kind of like the ECW of the NFL - a chance to have mediocre or "up and coming" teams on TV when there's not other competing games. I've read that the players hate it, because of the short week, and I'd wager that the fans in the home cities don't like it, because you have to take a day off work to get your tailgating in (and then possibly even the next day off for recovery!)

Look at the time slot that the game is played. That is considered "prime time". Every night in television has it's prime time. You're only looking at the Deion Sanders definition of "prime time". I wasn't. Prime time television is prime time television.

.......not sure if I said prime time enough there B)

Look at the time slot that the game is played. That is considered "prime time". Every night in television has it's prime time. You're only looking at the Deion Sanders definition of "prime time". I wasn't. Prime time television is prime time television.

.......not sure if I said prime time enough there cool.gif

In my last post I acknoledged that technically it is in "prime time". I'm just saying that it's not the big national showcase that SNF or MNF are.

.......not sure if I said prime time enough there cool.gif

In my last post I acknoledged that technically it is in "prime time". I'm just saying that it's not the big national showcase that SNF or MNF are.

, but the networks ARE going to look for the best matchup that they can find. NFL Network isn't going to just draw names out of a hat to determine the teams. They still do worry about prime time ratings, and want the best that they can get. That said, it's also a gamble as to is going to be the best teams for the game. The networks just hope their predictions are correct and everything works out alright. So after watching the Browns this year, and the mess that they've become, I would doubt they would even be considered for a prime time game on any night. (as I tried to say in my original post)

Archived