NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Sport

I know this is very late, but I didn't see one started for this week. Also, I didn't want to start a new thread based solely on the Ravens finally wearing white pants on the road again.

This week had some uni-notes

- The cardinals went monochrome

- and I've been told that KC and Oakland played in an AFL legacy game in Oakland this weekend.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Browns should have worn all brown for MNF. If your gonna play like crap then why not look like crap?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quite Friggin True!!!!

Maybe we can get an out of work Nike Design team to create a Nike Pro Combat Uniset----

Their Slogan can be "If The "Poo" Fits".

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I'm sure glad the Browns didn't go all brown. At least the team has enough sense to not go all monochrome-happy. Just burn the brown pants and fire Mangini already!!

how about all orange?!? :P if you're gonna play like crap, why not look like.....orange juice?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I sure wish my beloved Bengals would wear the orange socks more often.

I'm with you there. They were designed for the black pants and for the first couple years they were worn with the black pants. But now, it seems like they've been relegated to being worn only with the white pants and orange jerseys.

I think that orange-white-black-orange looks so much better than orange-white-black-black.

rudi_johnson.jpg

Cedric_Benson3282--nfl_small_500_450.jpg

but it gets weird for me because I think the orange-black-black-orange doesn't look as good as the orange-black-black-black look. It violates one of my uni principles, but I can't explain it.

palmer.jpg

palmer.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I had some free time today so I photoshopped some new looks for the Bengals. The first one is the team with orange pants and the second one I fixed the problems with the orange jersey. I don't like the orange pants at all, but I would snag that orange jersey as soon as possible.

huddle.png

ochocinco.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

I had some free time today so I photoshopped some new looks for the Bengals. The first one is the team with orange pants and the second one I fixed the problems with the orange jersey. I don't like the orange pants at all, but I would snag that orange jersey as soon as possible.

huddle.png

ochocinco.png

Totally dig the orange jerseys lookin' like that.

I sure wish my beloved Bengals would wear the orange socks more often.

I'm with you there. They were designed for the black pants and for the first couple years they were worn with the black pants. But now, it seems like they've been relegated to being worn only with the white pants and orange jerseys.

I think that orange-white-black-orange looks so much better than orange-white-black-black.

rudi_johnson.jpg

Cedric_Benson3282--nfl_small_500_450.jpg

but it gets weird for me because I think the orange-black-black-orange doesn't look as good as the orange-black-black-black look. It violates one of my uni principles, but I can't explain it.

palmer.jpg

palmer.jpg

I would lose the Black socks altogether, and wear orange socks with every combo. The old Boomer / Icky Woods Bengals had orange socks, with basically the same black over white uniform... it was a nice look.

The Saints also wore their black pants with the white jerseys for the first time in 2009.

As for the Bengals, their current garb certainly isn't great. But that white side panel on the dark jersey really is out of place. Take it out and I think that look improves greatly.

Still hoping we see the Rams wear something other then the white pants at home this year. That blue jersey/white pants look is played out now. Either the gold or the blue pants would be a welcome change at this point. With one more throwemback game later in the year against Houston, there aren't many chances left.

The Rams haven't worn blue pants all year and only worn gold pants 3 times in 2 years total (not counting the preseason). The all white road look has also gotten tired. Change it up. As lame as this franchise is, why not? Have some fun with the various combos.

Technically not from this past weekend, but check out the latest Sports Illustrated (Peyton Manning cover). There is an article with a large photo of the Bucs' in their throwbacks, and if you look at the socks, you can see the player is actually wearing matching leg warmers pulled over the leg so that less of the lower (white) portion of the sock shows. Seems a lot of players did this as you could see two sets of stripes on the legs of the offending players.

You can see the phenomenon in greater detail by searching for Ronde Barber photos over at Getty Images.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

another uni note from this week is that the Browns did NOT wear all brown for the "brown-out" against the Ravens. Thank goodness.

There's always the Thursday night game against the Steelers in December. Our last hope of a brown out. By the way, how the hell did the Browns get 2 prime time games after going 4-12 last year? :jawdrop:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived