BEST IIHF LOGOS

16kid

I think just making the leaf plain red would have been better for Canada's hockey logo.

I don't know how Hockey Canada missed that idea. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

What? It's the country's coat of arms. Given the ban on federation logos as primary national team logos, a coat of arms is an easy choice for some countries when it comes to their primary crest.

Yeah, I get all that. I wasn't questioning what the logo was, or the "easy choice" of it being on the jersey. I was just saying, I don't know what to think of it, as far as it looking goofy, or somewhat weird, but in a good way .

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

• 2 months later...

Wow, old thread. Oh well, what's bumped is bumped.

I think just making the leaf plain red would have been better for Canada's hockey logo.

I don't know how Hockey Canada missed that idea. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Well I think they went for the native theme to tie in with the whole "Vancouver 2010 native" vibe, which I suppose works for a one-off logo. Still, the inclusion of the French lilies kind of rubbed me the wrong way, because with those you had two of the three founding peoples represented, but no love for English Canada. Was it so hard to work a lion or crown into that thing?

Regardless of if they did or not, it would still have been a bad logo. It's something that sounds good on paper, but once it's put into practice it doesn't translate well. The leaves looked like solid red leaves on tv. Eh, oh well. We're back to using the regular Hockey Canada logo (which I'm not a fan of either to be honest).

Archived