BEST IIHF LOGOS

16kid

YOUR TOP 5 IIHF LOGOS MINE TOP 5 ARE

CANADA PRIMARY 1995-PRESENT

CANADA PRIMARY 76-87

NORWAY POLAR BEAR

USA 87-2001 (JERSEY LOGO)

NOT REALLY A LOGO BUT THE ONE THE STATES USED FOR THE 80 OLYMPICS IN LAKE PLACID

HONORABLE MENTION SWEDEN

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Canada all the way!

The white player with the red/black maple leaf is classic!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I dislike the current Canada logo with the player against the black and red leaf. I'm not a fan of the current "Vancouver 2010" logo either, as it tries to hard to play to French and Native imagery with nothing in the way to represent English Canada. You're telling me they couldn't work a crown or some lions into that design? You can't play to two thirds of the founding peoples and not even refrence the largest one. I'm not one to blame the "PC Police" but I really think this is a case where it fits. Colour me unimpressed. My favourite Team Canada logo would have been the 1988-1991 logo. The alternate "traditional" leaf with the downward arched CANADA banner is pretty nice as well, but it looked better with the silver outline.

Sweden and Russia are my favourites, aesthetically speaking.

Sweden. Clean, classic logo with damn near perfect jersey colours to top it off. I think the current Hockey Canada logo looks more like a league logo than that of a team. Now team Canada's alternate logo 2002-present in both silver and gold trim is a thing of beauty.

zzPEfBm.png

I dislike the current Canada logo with the player against the black and red leaf. I'm not a fan of the current "Vancouver 2010" logo either, as it tries to hard to play to French and Native imagery with nothing in the way to represent English Canada. You're telling me they couldn't work a crown or some lions into that design? You can't play to two thirds of the founding peoples and not even refrence the largest one. I'm not one to blame the "PC Police" but I really think this is a case where it fits. Colour me unimpressed. My favourite Team Canada logo would have been the 1988-1991 logo. The alternate "traditional" leaf with the downward arched CANADA banner is pretty nice as well, but it looked better with the silver outline.

I'm the complete opposite. I like the current Canada logo, but absolutely HATE the 1988-1991/Spengler Cup logo, though it does bring back memories of Sean Burke ^_^ Right now, I kinda shrug my shoulders with indifference over the vancouver 2010 jersey.

I do like Israel's. Works very well. I'm also a fan of France's chest logo.

hockey_france-400x274.jpg

and Sweden's jersey and the Netherlands logo.

NED-logo_01.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm the complete opposite. I like the current Canada logo, but absolutely HATE the 1988-1991/Spengler Cup logo, though it does bring back memories of Sean Burke ^_^ Right now, I kinda shrug my shoulders with indifference over the vancouver 2010 jersey.

I don't think it's bad by any means, it just feels more like a league logo then a national team logo. Like it could fill in perfectly for the CHL's mark. That's why I prefer the current alternate to it. It seems more fitting for a national team. Either way, I wish they would drop the gold and go back to silver. The gold reeks of arrogance, and we would be crying foul if, say, the Yanks did it.

I'm also a fan of France's chest logo.

hockey_france-400x274.jpg

It is very nice. In the same style as another favourite of mine, the UK's crest....

Icehockeyuk.png

That Dutch logo isn't half bad either.

Ice_Cap,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Canada puts the gold or silver around their logo based off how that team did at their last competition. The silver was only there on the Olympic team not the World Juniors.

With that said, you are very right! It's extremely arrogant and if the US did something like that all of Canada would have one big collective scream.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think they put it on after the last World Cup, and it's stayed on all the national teams since then. Not only do I dislike it for the arrogance it shows, but I just think silver works better with the red and black then the gold does.

You can see a fleur-de-lis just under the smaller maple leaf in the centre. Highlighted for your convenience. That, combined with the Native imagery, means the logo represents two of the three founding people, the French and First Nations. Noticeably absent is any representation for the English.

If they wanted to just use the Native imagery, cool. That's sort of the theme for the games. The inclusion of the French lily, however, means that representation for English Canada is noticeably absent.

I don't even know what to think about Belarus.

Belaruscopy.jpg

603px-Coat_of_arms_of_Belarus_svg.png

What? It's the country's coat of arms. Given the ban on federation logos as primary national team logos, a coat of arms is an easy choice for some countries when it comes to their primary crest.

Ohhh, I was looking at the Vancouver Olympics logo, the one with the little Haida-art man. I don't like that logo you posted. It somehow looks like a tacky drape.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ohhh, I was looking at the Vancouver Olympics logo, the one with the little Haida-art man. I don't like that logo you posted. It somehow looks like a tacky drape.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Of course the logo for the Games has its own problems, representing a Native culture that's not, well, native to the Vancouver area.

I think just making the leaf plain red would have been better for Canada's hockey logo.

You can see a fleur-de-lis just under the smaller maple leaf in the centre. Highlighted for your convenience. That, combined with the Native imagery, means the logo represents two of the three founding people, the French and First Nations. Noticeably absent is any representation for the English.

If they wanted to just use the Native imagery, cool. That's sort of the theme for the games. The inclusion of the French lily, however, means that representation for English Canada is noticeably absent.

I don't even know what to think about Belarus.

Belaruscopy.jpg

603px-Coat_of_arms_of_Belarus_svg.png

What? It's the country's coat of arms. Given the ban on federation logos as primary national team logos, a coat of arms is an easy choice for some countries when it comes to their primary crest.

That and the federation logo would not look good on the front of the jersey:

15da9837ab.jpg

Archived