Camp Randall Hockey Classic

mcrosby

As some of you may know the Wisconsin Badgers mens and womens hockey teams are hosting outdoor hockey games in Camp Randall this weekend. This will most likely be the highlight, and frostbite, of the year for me. The mens team will be playing the Michigan Wolverines. I've decided to make up some fun alternates the teams can wear, since both already wear throwbackish styles. You've already seen what I will be presenting for the Badgers in my WCHA redesign thread, with a few minor changes. I decided to go color vs. color for this, it was done in the Badger Hockey Showdown between the Badgers and Merrimack (red vs yellow). It is also supposed to snow on Saturday, making for a beautiful white backdrop. The michigan jersey is pretty ridiculous, simple and elegant from the front, what the hell on the back. It is the mullet of hockey jerseys.

Enjoy, and of course lend some C&C.

winterclassicWiscMich.png

Man, everytime i see that badger alternate it gets better! really diggin the wolverine look too. but i think you should leave the helmet blue, more stripes would kill it.

and now that i'm looking at it, you should use the Impact font for the badgers' name and "forward" per regular home and away sets. keep the numbers though.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Man, everytime i see that badger alternate it gets better! really diggin the wolverine look too. but i think you should leave the helmet blue, more stripes would kill it.

and now that i'm looking at it, you should use the Impact font for the badgers' name and "forward" per regular home and away sets. keep the numbers though.

This is why I didn't go with the regular Michigan helmet. That and it's not an easy look to put onto a hockey helmet template, but mostly due to the over stripe-age.

Here is a quick simplification of the Michigan jersey.

winterclassicmichigan.png

Other than making the crest the block M, any tips for improving the Michigan jersey?

Archived