St. Louis Cardinals Concept

worcat

Image14-2.png

A few months ago I posted a poll listing a few different St. Louis Cardinals concepts. This navy alternate jersey was chosen as the primary winner of that poll - now I'd like to move forward with the design. Here is a rough start with progressing - using an existing template to see where improvements need to be made with the overall direction of this uniform. C&C is welcome and very much appreciated.

*I know the design is simple, I did not want to stray too far away from what the Cardinals actually use. I have considered using stripes on the arms or even vertical stripes along the ribs. However, I want to keep this away from looking like the batting practice jersey.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I love the Cardinals uniform. The birds with the bat is just one of the best looks in the Bigs. I just wish they would use the St. Louis idea on one of the uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Quillz - I completely agree with what you said. The same argument could be made about the Cardinals when they were their Victory Blue jerseys in the late 70's - early 80's. Although I am a fan of that era in Cardinals baseball, I never understood why the team chose a blue over a red. Same thing here, I posted a poll and more people chose the Navy base color over both the Victory Blue and Red base designs I also had posted. Why more people prefer Blue for the Cardinals is beside me. My primary purpose of this was to design a successful alternate uniform that the Cardinals realistically would wear - whereas the red tops are currently used for batting practice.

C Jay Z - I've honestly never seen a concept like this before. If I am stepping on anyone's toes (or copying anyone's work) please let me know. I'm completely unaware as I've never seen a Cardinals concept using the "St. Louis" on an away/alternate jersey concept.

ESTONES6 - Thank you! I couldn't agree with you more. I love the Cardinals classic look. I believe a handful of teams in the MLB have truly captured a clean uniform. Most notably, the Cardinals, Athletics, Yankees, Dodgers... I can't imagine why they have not used a "St. Louis" script yet on an away uniform. I would have loved to use a red base jersey but something about having the script in red doesn't appeal to me at all. I guess I could always change the font color to Navy but then again, that's stepping a little out of the traditional Cardinals style. Again the uniform may seem plain but I tried to keep with the traditional setting. Using the away grey pants, navy belt and socks, navy cap/red brim and interlocking STL - which currently is not used in any of the current St. Louis uniform sets.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

C Jay Z - I've honestly never seen a concept like this before. If I am stepping on anyone's toes (or copying anyone's work) please let me know. I'm completely unaware as I've never seen a Cardinals concept using the "St. Louis" on an away/alternate jersey concept.

I'm not saying that you copied anyone's work, I'm giving you credit for a great concept. It's just that this is a simple change that everyone thinks they should probably make, it's just not that surprising to see a concept like this.

I'm not saying that you copied anyone's work, I'm giving you credit for a great concept. It's just that this is a simple change that everyone thinks they should probably make, it's just not that surprising to see a concept like this.

I get what your saying. Sorry bout that. I try to study teams history the best I can and if you really look around the league - most of them have adopted the team name at home and the city name on the road. I don't understand why the Cardinals have yet to switch - or if they have even given any thought to it.

I have thought about making a 70's style pull over jersey for them but I hate making concepts that I know teams would never use. I like to give things a sense of realism. Even though it may look good doesn't necessarily mean it's practical. I'll play with this a little bit more before I'm finished - not much else I can do really.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I think there would only be one, maybe two, things i would change on this. the first is the L in Louis. At the bottom where the horizontal meets the vertical, there seems to be a loop. I would take the loop out, and mirror the bottom of the C in Cardinals. It would just be a small, minor change, but i think it would pay large dividends.

The second is the S in St. It seems to be a bit too loopy. I think the bottom tail of the S has too many curves in it. I think if it were simplified a little, it again, would pay large dividends.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived