Orlando Baseball

logoman

There is so much I love about this concept that it's hard to know where to start. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I love the name, everyone's heard the term used for steriod abuse and there is a big baseball connection there, you're right MLB would run a mile from it but from a sporting humour standpoint I salute you I think it's awesome.

The script is immaculate, I especially love the little O orange logo on the caps. The render of the main character is again fantastic... The ONLY thing letting this down in the dimples in the orange!

They look really bad, they appear utterly mechanical compared to the rest of the work which has clearly been thought about and crafted, the dimples look like an illustrator pattern brush dropped on the top as an afterthought because oranges have texture. As a result you orange, as others have mentioned, now looks more like a golf ball! Which is a crying shame.

If you were to redraw the dimples in the same style as the rest of the character and in a less uniform and regular alignment, or perhaps lose them entirely and make the stud on top his cap the stalk of an orange, you'd have a truly outstanding piece of design, both technically sound but more importantly with a humourous and creative twist which is all to often ignored especially in sports designs.

PLEASE PLEASE tweak this one small but glaring issue, this concept deserves it and you wont regret it!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I'm really liking this. Of course, I don't think there's any way that even a minor league team in any way affiliated with MLB would ever be able to use that nickname, but who cares? It's just for fun and it works.

The logo is very well rendered and would be great for a minor league team. That cap logo, though, is simply awesome. Clean, simple, and sublime. Love it.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the type on the name plates. It's very thin and is serifed and just doesn't seem to fit the style of the rest of the package. But that's a very minor quibble. Good job here.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Love it (maybe Barry Bonds could attempt a comeback with the Juicers) ... but 2 minor criticisms:

Why isn't the hat pictured on the logo available as an alternate? Seems a glaring omission from the uniform package.

Also, the Spring Training logo with the sunglasses looks a little forced. They don't fall correctly on his face ... and they look more like goggles than sunglasses, to my eye.

But those are minor things. I guess if people are debating dimples and alternate hats, you got it right ...

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. I'll address a few of the concerns about the package. The Spring Training logo was an afterthought so it probably does look forced and incorrect. I mainly did it as a "fun" thing. The font for the nameplate is the same font used for Orlando in the primary logo. It is also the same font used for the numbers. The font I used for the scripts on the uniforms has been heavily modified from it's original state. (I seem to like doing that). Originally I was going to use a cap like the one in the logo but opted not to do so because I just didn't think that would be a good looking cap in the real world. Conversely, I couldn't leave the bill on the cap in the logo green because there would just be a blob of green where a cap should be.I am happy with the original but I have updated the dimples since that seems to be the point of contention with this design. Maybe this is a case where less is more, but I think it looks okay either way so I'll you guys decide.

By the way, my avatar should give you a clue as to who I think the one logo looks like. It may just be me, but he's the first thing I thought of after I "drew" the logo.

juicers_revised_logo.png

love the concept,there was baseball team in orlando that played in Senior Professional Baseball Association witch was called orlando juice,i think that should have been team name,juicers reminds of appliance that made home made juice for people who are on diet,colors remind me of balitmore orioles color scheme that they are using right now .

Archived