NCAA Lacrosse Concepts

raysox

Hey guys. I was in the mood to do some concepts, for a sport that doesn't get much face time in the concept section. So here is some college lacrosse concepts. First, I needed a new template. The template I used is all mine, so I could send it out if you wish.

I decided to start at the top. The top 3 teams in the country are Syracuse, Virginia, and Cornell. Here!

#1 Syracuse

The current uniforms are really bland. Just orange names, and numbers. I added some blue, and a modern design.

Syracuse.png

#2 Virginia

I googled Virginia Lacrosse, and saw the jerseys. They had a stripe that ran from one sleeve to the other under the collar. I used that, but moved it up. The stripe ran from each sleeve. Then added some flair to it. I used the same design on the shorts, too. I noticed the script was the same as the NHL Phoenix font, so that explains why I used the Coyotes number font.

Virginia.png

#3 Cornell

First thing I did was search Cornell Football, and saw that the jerseys used dual stripes on everything. Why not carry that over to this? You can see where I got it. Then I remembered the basketball team's pants, and so I put them on here. I got rid of the drop-shadow numbers, and made them block, with outlines to match the logos. Vectorizing the Cornell logo was a lot easier than I thought, actually!

Cornell.png

C&C. Should I keep going with some lacrosse concepts? I'm on spring break, so I have time.

Last thing, do lacrosse teams use white helmets with the white jerseys? I would search a team, and the helmets were different on each set.

This is really cool to see some lacrosse concepts, I applaud you for doing something that isn't done regularly on here!

For the concepts, I'm really liking Syracuse. I know exactly what you mean about thier current uniforms, I watched a game on espn not too long ago and thought the same thing you did, that they were rather bland. This definetely sets them in the right direction, great work!

Virginia is good, I'm not sure about the number font though. I understand the Coyotes reference, but I think for Viginia it'd look better if the numbers matched the wordmark. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Can't really complain about Cornell, to me that is the best of the three. Everything looks top notch there. Awesome job!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these, keep 'em coming!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like where you're going with these...Inspired by the football unis, but not exact duplicates.

I'm looking forward to seeing more! (May I suggest the school where lacrosse is king-JOHNS HOPKINS!)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived