First Pic of McNabb as a Redskin

Moseph

Your helmet stripes seem a little choppy, not a smooth enough curve, and your blending modes, especially in the jersey, could use some refining, because you're losing all the highlights and texture of the jersey. Your burgundy is a little too bright and saturated to begin with, and you also don't have t.v. numerals on there and the Redskins' logo should never have a white keyline around it on the helmet.

Thank you for the C&C. I didn't ask for it but it is also goo to receive so you can improve. I didn't notice the choppyness of the stripes. but I am going to go back and fix it. I will fix the helmet logo, I knew something looked wrong. I didn't include tv numerals because on the original one, the eagle is where a number would be and you can't even see it. I made the jerseythat way because that is how the Skins jerseys are. They use a dull fabric opposed to the shiny kind Philly uses. I added those blending modes to dull it out a little, even though it got rid of some of the highlights. That is my problem with your version, the jersey is way to shiny to be a Skins jerseys. Just lighten it up a little and get rid of the shine and it would be great. I will agree witht you though that my burgundy is too bright.

If anyone else has some C&C please share.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

It's just the lighting in your house. :P Honestly, I addressed the color already. The original photo is more muted, so I went with the natural tone (I adjusted the curve slightly to darken it and give it a hint more contrast) and used a burgundy that's a little darker and with a little less chroma. If you look at an ESPN feature article, they desaturate and darken their studio photos a little, which is the look I was after, because you can see a little bit of that look in the original. SI has great action shots, but ESPN has the best artistic shots, in my opinion.

Either way, I think we can all agree that that's the color the Redskins should be wearing.

I think they should be wearing that color, as long as they got yellow or gold pants. That color, with the white pants, looks almost like their version of "midnight green" (midnight burgundy)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I see what you're saying about the shininess (the jersey sort of looks, 'wet'). Your color is still much too saturated, though, and makes it look very fake. Look here for reference. This color is actually pretty close to the image I posted earlier. Maybe simply dulling the color would help with the realism?

jason-campbell.jpgdonovanmcnabb.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 weeks later...

Your helmet stripes seem a little choppy, not a smooth enough curve, and your blending modes, especially in the jersey, could use some refining, because you're losing all the highlights and texture of the jersey. Your burgundy is a little too bright and saturated to begin with, and you also don't have t.v. numerals on there and the Redskins' logo should never have a white keyline around it on the helmet.

haterade.gif

You're right. He didn't specifically ask for a critique, so I should have left well enough alone, but that doesn't change the fact that what we have here is not a very good Photoshop job.

In addition to what I've already pointed out, the Reebok logo on the pant leg needs to be changed to burgundy, because it's still green or black or whatever it is.

Good grief...Lighten up, Francis. It's not perfect, but it certainly beats anything Topps has done...

2009-topps-228-haynesworth-f1.jpg

1989Topps063.jpg

Archived