The World Cup is coming - Sports Logos needs a quick update

taantumus

We are a month a way from the FIFA World Cup! With that in mind I browsed through the soccer section of Sports Logos and noticed that some of the national team logos are badly outdated. For example, the Italian crest is pre 2006, the France crest is at least two years old and so on.

It's also a bit unclear whether the logos are supposed to be logos of the teams or associations. The Germany section tells their national team's current logo was actually used up to '91 and the logo of German Football Association is supposed to be their current one. Some other countries are also having same kind of problems.

Since this is pretty America-centric site, I was wondering if anyone is actually interested in updating those. And if so, how does one proceed? Should I and other interested users just start posting the correct logos here and hope something magical happens? Or what.

Anyway, World Cup is nearly here!

Since this is pretty America-centric site...

Really? Always thought of it as a Canada-centric site that invited the world to discuss sports logos...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I always felt it was more international than North American...that's probably splitting the hair more than it needs to be.

I've said it in the comments section before, there are just so many logos out there, and only a handful of individuals working on the webpage. The priority (or what seems to be) are the big four North American Leagues. I'm sure that if you wanted to help out and keep the site updated, that wouldn't be a problem. Contact CC97, and he might set you up to help update that section.

I've raised this question at least a couple of times before, but without success. The fact is that most of the members here are North American, and a vast percentage doesn't give a rat's *** about soccer.

There are plethora of mistaken logos in the FIFA section here... as you said, it is unclear if the listed ones are National Federations (most of them), Team Badges (France, Norway, Scotland), or just the nation's Coat of Arms (Austria).

Most of them are badly dated, confuse the National Federation and the Team Badge, or have been replaced by new logos years ago. Serbia and Montenegro?!? That isn't even a country nowdays...

There's a very small number of moderators for the logo pages, and those which are, don't care about soccer. I'm sorry about that, but it's the truth.

That Ivory Coast logo is amazing. Never would have seen it without the link....that is before June 11....Thanks!

The Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon new logos are just National team badges, not the federatons' logos. I was confused by this, I also thought they were the FA logos, but their respective websites and their FIFA profiles still list their other (FA) logos.

Archived