Argentina Primera Division

mania

Introduction: Thanks to the awesome new soccer templates from switchimageproject.com, I figured I might as well start messing around in Illustrator. Although I live in a soccer hungry country, I'm not much of a fan. Hopefully, by researching about some of these teams, I might find my inner fan. Another small note: Although I plan on keeping the current kit makers (although I might make a few changes, if I have logo issues), I will likely reduce the sponsors to one per team, and the sponsors are probably going to change on several.

#1: Club Atletico Boca Juniors

One of Argentina's most historically renowned clubs, they have a very traditional home kit which dates back to 1913, with the solid gold band on navy blue. The only real change I made, as far as their traditional look, was removed it from the back of the jersey, where I feel it blends in with the number. For the clash kits, I went with pinstripes. They wore pinstripes a few years ago, and I thought it looked great. I definitely, because they are great socks, had to bring back the argyle-styled that Paul Lukas was crazy about a few years ago. I added the club's initials, CABJ into the inside of the collars. Beyond that, I feel the set's fairly straight forward and traditional.

2vhuiwm.jpg

I like what you are doing, being an Argentinean football fan I would like to see the rest of the league. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70697&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1 i did try to update few logos from the league, if you want you can use my updated logos for those teams that I did it.

As for Boca, looking from the back it doesn't look like Boca kit, maybe stripe doesn't have to go all around, maybe it can stop before it hits the numbers. And I reckon Riquelme has "Roman" on his shirt, not "Riquelme".

Ok, Boca update and a new set... I added the stripe around the back (but giving room for the number, for the reason mentioned above). This was actually an early look I had, but then changed my mind. :)

Also, re: Riquelme using Roman... these are things I should know. I guess I'm so used to everyone wearing his international jerseys that I expected him to still wear it.

Removed the detail close-up, since you saw it on the last set.

dcrey1.jpg

And now, on to the other one I was working on concurrently.

#2: Club Atlético Huracán

I had a general idea of where I wanted to go here, largely because this is my wife and her father's team. I wanted to keep the tradition, and I kept the sublimination they've been using in recent years, although I think I used it larger than they do. I kept the white on white primary, blue on blue clash, and added their nickname, El Globito, in script under the collar on the back. I'm not sold on the font... but this was the one I liked most out of everything I tried.

30bnvcp.jpg

I love the classic look, man.

However;

- The duplicated logos are a little redundant. Perhaps less opacity to make them more subtle?

- The Kappa logo on the short is super huge, but I suppose it has to do with the manufacturer's template and it is not an aesthetic decision on your side.

Keep it up, even tough I'm not that big of a football fan, I love classic looking kits like yours.

PS: do San Lorenzo :)

Not bad man, don't recall you doing soccer concepts before so I'm likin this. Boca looks great, it's a tough team to mess up but you sure didn't. Agree that you should probably make the sublimated design a bit less noticeable on Huracan, but I love that script on the back collar. What font is that?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I had this one done last night, but in order to not flood the post (especially when I don't keep cranking them out at this pace, I held up). I'll work on a Huracan update soon, and when I open the file up to fix the sublimination, I'll get you the name of the font, Erik.

#3: Club Atlético River Plate

Los Millionarios (The Millionaires), El Mas Grande (The Largest), River Plate is historically the most successful club in Argentina. With them, I basically KISS (kept it simple, stupid). I was playing with the template, trying to achieve a look like Adidas is bringing out now, and I like it, although I'm unsure about the sleeve colorings (an original idea was sublimating the crest in there, but when I colored it in to start the clipping mask, I ended up liking it as is). For the primary, I went with the look they've used since 1908, the red band on a white jersey. For the clash, while they usually wear black with red (or at least, have for the last decade), I was actually inspired by their 1984 clash kits, which were red with a white band. I ended up liking it quite a bit, so that's what we're going for here. I toyed with the idea of introducing some slight gold trim, but ended up abstaining... if I update it, I might be tempted (I think Los Millionarios would look great on the back of the collar, but that's kind of a cop-out when I've done similar things on the last two).

spk8ew.jpg

While I don't particularly like the colored sleeve inserts, I understand why you did them and it looks about as best as you could do it. I hate the number font though, looks too collegiate. Not a fan of the sash going on the back too. Also, looking at the pics of their past kits, it looks like the sash on the front is a bit more horizontal, and should start more on the side near the sleeve and end on the side actually, rather than the bottom of the jersey. Maybe it's just how it looks on the template though. All in all a solid job.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived