Rangers FC jersey layout

WNDUP FX

I've supported Rangers FC for almost 30 years and worn a top for the past 15 years, but with the unveiling of their new polo style tops I've decided not to buy one this year. Instead I've redesigned the home and away with a mix of the last few seasons. I also think it's a bit ridiculous that the sponsor is almost always an alcoholic beverage, so I decided to go with Scotland's second most famous drink (after Whiskey). C & C welcome.

rangers1.jpg

Interesting, I actually really like the kits they've come out with this year. I'm a bit confused though, the kits they unveiled that you don't like are traditional and plain, and your design is also very classic and plain (minus the subliminal logo). Also, you said it's ridiculous the sponsor is an alcoholic beverage, sooo you changed the sponsor to another alcoholic beverage? Not sure I get it...

that said, your design is nice.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Irn-Bru is actually a fizzy pop a lot like Orange Crush. It outsells Pepsi and Coca Cola in Scotland.

irnbrubttl.jpg

They're very cheap looking football tops and not much different than the button up polos they sell for $40 in the club shop. I also don't like shirts with collars and the fact that it's an exact copy of the England top just seems utterly against everything Scottish.

I stand corrected, when you said Scotland's second most famous drink I assumed it was alcoholic :P maybe I'll have to get an "Irn-Bru" next week, I'm going over to scotland (Edinburgh) for 10 days with my school's exchange program.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I basically like the idea of making a simple kit, but these are a bit too plain for my taste. If you make a plain kit like this, you need details which make it attractive and the watermarks Rangers-crest isn't really doing it for me. Also, it's kind of hard to judge about, if you don't have any pants or socks. Maybe you can work it over again.

I've also decided to rework the club logo since I never fancied the circle or the lion within. I've kept the basic premise honoring the original logo with the vintage football, but added the crest instead of the "Ready", which I find a rather bland motto that's also in use by Villa.

rangerslogo1.jpg

I'm contemplating using 1873 (the year the club was founded) instead of the crest, but as of yet I haven't decided. C & C welcome.

Cheers

The new crest looks great. A few changes I would recommend....

I would standardize the colours in your uniform set and crest. The crest uses darker shades of red and blue, while the kits use lighter shades of red and blue. Picking one set for the whole package would really bring the look together.

Secondly, I would lose the silver outline. The Rangers have never needed the use of modern techniques like silver highlights. I would go with either a white outline, or even an orange one.

Archived