U of Miami Hurricanes

ltj009

Here is a concept I've been working on for my alma mater's basketball team. The designs Nike has been giving them in the last few years have been pretty tame for Nike's standards so I tried to jazz the uniforms up a little bit...

MiamiBBallConcept1.png

I'm not 100% sold on the vertical "Hurricanes" on the back but I wanted to incorporate it somewhere on the jersey. An alternate possibility could be on the upper back of the shorts, but I generally don't like that location for script logos. Otherwise, I wanted to keep the away and alt strictly two-tone, so I went with the all-green/all-orange U on the shorts. I know that generally the short logo (or all logos for that matter) should be the same on all uniforms but I preferred the single-tone U rather than forcing a white stroke around the traditional U logo.

C&C please.

ltj009.png

Here is a concept I've been working on for my alma mater's basketball team. The designs Nike has been giving them in the last few years have been pretty tame for Nike's standards so I tried to jazz the uniforms up a little bit...

MiamiBBallConcept1.png

I'm not 100% sold on the vertical "Hurricanes" on the back but I wanted to incorporate it somewhere on the jersey. An alternate possibility could be on the upper back of the shorts, but I generally don't like that location for script logos. Otherwise, I wanted to keep the away and alt strictly two-tone, so I went with the all-green/all-orange U on the shorts. I know that generally the short logo (or all logos for that matter) should be the same on all uniforms but I preferred the single-tone U rather than forcing a white stroke around the traditional U logo.

C&C please.

Mind you this critique is coming from a University of Florida alumnus. I think overall the idea is awesome, but you are right that HURRICANES should go on the shorts. It's just a tad too much for the jersey. As for your two-tone vs. single-tone, I actually think white should be incorporated in the green and orange jerseys. What I like about the white jersey is that the #11 is a different color than the vertical striping, so it pops out more. Maybe the numbers should be white on those. Also, at the base of the collar you could put the U logo on the two jerseys that only have MIAMI across the chest. Just some ideas. Definitely looks top notch though. Oh and....Go Gators!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

overall its pretty good. i think you kind of need the third color(white) in the alternates. to make the numbers and stripes stand out more, add some white. also the vertical hurricanes looks ok but i dont think it would work so well on the back of the shorts because hurricanes is a pretty long word and it might be hard to read or it may just look kinda sloppy. also i love the emphasis on the U in the home and black alt. this coming also from a gators fan being that my dad graduated from florida, i have been raised loving them, and i live in florida(tampa), though the latter reason could work for any florida team. though i still like seeing miami be kind of succesful cause i like all the local florida teams except fsu

maehl.png

Update...

• Moved 'Hurricanes' to shorts.
  • Used traditional 'U' on shorts for away and alt with white stroke.
  • Changed scripts, names, numbers to white on away and alt.
  • Changed waistband to black on black alt.

MiamiBBallConcept2.png

C&C Por Favor.

ltj009.png

I cannot see your update, but I suspect the move of "Hurricanes" to the shorts is good.

While I'm no fan of the "U" on the home jersey and Love the green and orange uniforms. Of course, I am a sucker for uniforms with no white and I like it as is. The only downside is that one-color "U" on the shorts. You may have to utilize white outline on one side. Rather than put the white, though, I'd rather you just remove the U.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I actually like these a lot--much more than what the Canes currently wear. Your update was very good, especially the white numbers. I'm also ok with using the U logo in place of a name plate. (I do like how you left "Miami" on the roads.) It's just such a strong association that I see it and read "Miami" in my mind, so it works. That said, I think the U logo on the shorts is a bit large, especially with the U on the jersey.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

looks pretty good, i think you should try the two tone numbers from the pro combat unis just for kicks.,

also, can i ask where you got that font from?

I'll have to admit I cheated. I extracted letters from the Official ID guide PDF (logos on page 60). You can find it on the internet with a quick google search . So I extracted all the logos and scripts (even the 'Basketball') and used the individual elements to formulate the concept. As for the number, I just used the letter 'I' from the 'Miami' script. B) I also used individual extracted letters for the 'Name' on the back. I searched for this font for a few days but I don't think a true Miami font is available anywhere.

ltj009.png

looks pretty good, i think you should try the two tone numbers from the pro combat unis just for kicks.,

also, can i ask where you got that font from?

I'll have to admit I cheated. I extracted letters from the Official ID guide PDF (logos on page 60). You can find it on the internet with a quick google search . So I extracted all the logos and scripts (even the 'Basketball') and used the individual elements to formulate the concept. As for the number, I just used the letter 'I' from the 'Miami' script. B) I also used individual extracted letters for the 'Name' on the back. I searched for this font for a few days but I don't think a true Miami font is available anywhere.

there is a similar or exact font on fontspace in the futuristic catagory

maehl.png

Update...

• Moved 'Hurricanes' to shorts.
  • Used traditional 'U' on shorts for away and alt with white stroke.
  • Changed scripts, names, numbers to white on away and alt.
  • Changed waistband to black on black alt.

MiamiBBallConcept2.png

C&C Por Favor.

Almost perfect. I think to keep it consistent, the last name on the back of the jersey has to be the same color as the collar. Also, an Ibis or a U at the base of the front collar would be awesome. Or maybe even the ACC logo.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived