Soccer Kit elements in Hockey

CreamSoda

Not really a concept but rather and idea. What do you think of the possibility of using elements found in soccer on a hockey uniform. The main aspect I was thinking of is adding the players numbers on the shorts like they do in soccer. Maybe if they were placed there it would take away from the need for them on the front of the jersey.

oviesocc.jpg

Thoughts?

in the original leaked descriptions of the "RBK Edge Uniform System", the one that was unanimously rejected by the Board of Governors, the jerseys were all tucked in and tight and the pants had giant numbers on the fronts. So, it's been thought of before.

Personally, I find front numbers to be completely useless. I'm a college hockey commentator, and you honestly don't see those numbers very well, because of the obstruction of arms and sticks, and the fact that the players rarely face the side boards.

It's not a bad idea, but i don't think it's something that would make a difference.

...especially if you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that front numbers are a ploy to get people to not buy blank jerseys, but spend the extra $70 to get a name and number that will eventually be out of date.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I hate front numbers in general... they aren't football uniforms, they're hockey jerseys. Whenever I see them, I see just another way hockey is selling out to get ignorant Americans to watch the game. And I don't mean stupid ignorant, I mean know nothing about hockey ignorant.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I hate front numbers in general... they aren't football uniforms, they're hockey jerseys. Whenever I see them, I see just another way hockey is selling out to get ignorant Americans to watch the game. And I don't mean stupid ignorant, I mean know nothing about hockey ignorant.

The NHL has certainly sold out for a lot of reasons, but I completely disagree with your assessment that putting front numbers on the jerseys is one of them.

I like the uniforms how they are now with a logo (or wordmark, but I prefer logo) on the front and numbers on the arms and back, but I'm not opposed to soccer kit elements on a hockey jersey provided it would look great. I don't know if it could work or not, but if someone really wanted to execute an idea like that, maybe.

Archived