personal logo

CS85

I was noodling together my portfolio for a job and have had a handful of personal logo ideas floating around, and I decided to run with this one. I'm just using my initials, A.L., so I had to kind of dance around the dodgers/american league logos to fernagle something strikingly different, yet polished. Here's what I ended up with:

73796806.jpg

The overall name is for Andy Long Design. This logo is intensely missing something, some sort of motion or flair or creative splash in there to not make it so static and immobile. I didn't know if you gents could give me some c/c on this starting point to help me giving this a more completed feel.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's too tall, I think. Take away some height around the middle. And try adding "Design" next to the monogram for a complete look. In two separate colors, I think having text next to it could help it stand out.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

For what it's worth, I could tell immediately that the font is Aldo. This may just be me, but generally I feel a logo for a designer should reflect the work of the designer and not the person who made the font. It certainly looks alright and it's a good start but I think it would look better and certainly give you more flexibility if it were a completely custom design.

Yep, definitely going to have to be shortened a good bit. To go away from the typical AL designs you were scared of falling in to, a lowercase 'a' would give you a lot to work with. The tail even has the L if you use the right fonts.

I like to be art minded as well but I guess God gave me only a strength to write anything which are valuable to others too. I am currently working as freelance writer right now. Maybe I should pursue to enroll myself to an art class to motivate me a lot in practicing how to appreciate art. I am thinking to get my personal loans to do this since I think art class are expensive then.

I was noodling together my portfolio for a job and have had a handful of personal logo ideas floating around, and I decided to run with this one. I'm just using my initials, A.L., so I had to kind of dance around the dodgers/american league logos to fernagle something strikingly different, yet polished. Here's what I ended up with:

The overall name is for Andy Long Design. This logo is intensely missing something, some sort of motion or flair or creative splash in there to not make it so static and immobile. I didn't know if you gents could give me some c/c on this starting point to help me giving this a more completed feel.

I instantly saw a paper clip. Maybe you can do something in that direction?

Archived