Gold Coast Football Club

Primal

Well, this is a mess. The home suffers from Edmonton Oilers / Toronto Maple Leafs EDGE syndrome. It's a practice jumper. Get rid of it.

I like the idea of the wave, but it's muddled in crapulance. Not only that, but the clash reminds me too much of Adelaide's new clash.

Argh.

philly.png

I was really looking forward to this unveiling, but I really think they have dropped the ball here.

I understand the region team is based, and I get that they wanted to combine numerous elements synonymous with the region but they've gone for sun in the name, lifesavers in the colours, and waves in the guernsey. I get it ... the gold coast is famous for sun, sand and surf ... but that's too many elements for this one brand!!!

And the logo ... don't get me started. I think the entire concept will be overhauled (just like Port Adelaide) within five years.

Just thinking, since they're called the Suns, why not have a sun on their uniform instead of a wave?!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Yes, there are too many elements that makes this a mess. The individual aspects are fine on their own merit. The name is ok the slogan "Rise Up" is very fitting. The guernseys, not bad, but they should have had a gold or blue away jumper. I think the logo kills it with the rays sticking out. I don't know how the merchandise with the Suns logo will sell. They should have just stuck with the GC logo, which is fine on it's own merit.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived