who should already be in the Pro Football HOF?

Titanscj2k

Honestly, I think __________ should totally be in the Hall of Fame. It's only because he played for __________ that he hasn't gotten in already. These voters are clearly biased against the __________ and always have been. We should have WAY more guys in the Hall of Fame. But those stupid voters are going to keep pissing on the former __________ because they hate us so much, but you know what? We're just going to keep winning, keep racking up those rings, and keep producing the greatest football players in the history of football ever.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gino Cappelletti aka "The Duke" WR/PK for the Boston Patriots (1960-1970) in the American Football League and for the last year of the NFL. I'll list some of the reasons why as I feel he's one of of the old school greats of the 1960's who has been unjustly forgotten.

1. AFL's MVP in 1963, runner up in 1961, AFL All-Star 5x

2. A real workhorse as he's one of only 20 players who were in the AFL for its entire 10-year existence, and one of three who played in every game their teams played in the AFL.

3. Played as both Place Kicker and Wide Receiver in every game (for those of you who feel kicking alone shouldn't get you in)

4. Averaged 9.5 points per game over a 6 year period. No other AFL/NFL Player has averaged more points per game over a 6 year period.

5. Averaged 7.5 points per game over an 11 year period. No other player has averaged more point per game over an 11 year period. He accounted for at least 34% of his teams total points scored over an 8 year period. No other AFL/NFL Player has done that either.

6. Until 2005 he was the Patriots' all-time leading scorer with 1,130 points (42 TDs, 176 FGs and 342 PATs)

7. Is All-Time Points leader in AFL History.

8. During his pro career, he also returned punts and kickoffs, played defensive back, and even had one pass completion for a touchdown. He holds the record for most touchdowns on Saturday games (10).

9. Is the only AFL/NFL Player to run for a 2 point conversion, throw a pass for a 2 point conversion, catch a pass, intercept a pass, return a punt and a kickoff in the same season.

10. His career with the Patriots began with scoring the very first points in AFL history with a field goal.

11. As a PK, kicked 6 FGs (without a miss) in one game on 10/04/64. He was 1 of only 2 AFL kickers to kick at least 4 field goals in a game for 3 consecutive games. He kicked the longest field goal in the AFL in consecutive seasons. He kicked 12 FGs with less than 30 seconds to go in the 1st half and kicked 4 game winning field goals and 1 game tying field goal. He led the AFL with the best field goal percentage in 1965.

12. He set the AFL record by scoring 28 points in a game in the Patriots 42-14 rout of Houston on 12/18/65.

13. He is already a member of the AFL Hall of Fame, a member of the New England Patriots Hall of Fame, Patriots All-1960s (AFL) Team and is on their all-time roster. His #20 has also been retired by the team.

Oddly enough even after his playing days ended, his career promoting pro football continues as he has been a color commentator radio broadcaster for the Boston College Eagles, The Boston Breakers (USFL) and for the New England Patriots for which he still does to the present day with longtime "Voice of the Patriots" Gil Santos.

- I don't know about you, but I think he's earned a spot in Canton, and I'd like him to get in while he's still alive. Even NFL Films did a piece on him and his career and felt he deserved a spot in the Hall. Somebody needs to make this happen.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Honestly, I think __________ should totally be in the Hall of Fame. It's only because he played for __________ that he hasn't gotten in already. These voters are clearly biased against the __________ and always have been. We should have WAY more guys in the Hall of Fame. But those stupid voters are going to keep pissing on the former __________ because they hate us so much, but you know what? We're just going to keep winning, keep racking up those rings, and keep producing the greatest football players in the history of football ever.

Sounds about right.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

That perfectly describes the guy I was thinking of.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

[Obligatory facetious response to Jigga's post goes here.]

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

[Obligatory facetious response to Jigga's post goes here.]

That's actually pretty funny. But...

While Jigga may have been having a little fun, the guy is right on the money. Go back and look at this as well as a bunch of other Pro Football Hall of Fame threads. If the post isn't making Jigga's argument then they're making this argument: "Why isn't _____________ in the HOF? _____________ has ________ rings and a great story. It just shows you that HOF voters have no respect for the _________ era."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived