MiLB Re-Brands: San Antonio Missions

bohob

UPDATE

What's changed? Here's the low-down:

? Primary logo: the baseball now has a black outline. I think it fits better.

? SA logo: I have included an option of the letters touching. Please let me know which you prefer.

? Jalapeño: Thicker outline. I also decided to dump the teal option.

C&C please.

missions_id2.jpg

The logo set in finalized. I changed the SA to silver in the SA hat logo, and I tweaked the jalapeño logo. I also have caps and uniforms ready. With the caps I tried to show quite a few options, developing concepts using numerous colors and templates. The primary uniforms use a double gold piping scheme and vests, as it gets quite hot in San Antonio is the summer. The Alternate Home and Away rare black jerseys that correspond to the primaries, the home using white type and the roads using silver type. Alternate 3 is a 70s/80s style retro concept with a cap that match the one in the jalapeño logo. Alternate 4 is a fauxback with a contrast placket and a white cap. Alternates 5 and 6 are blackout concepts, preferably used for night games. C&C please.

missions_id3.jpg

missions_caps.jpg

missions_uniforms1.jpg

missions_uniforms2.jpg

missions_uniforms3.jpg

missions_uniforms4.jpg

I would go with cap #1 on the top row for the home cap, cap #2 in the second row for road cap, and cap #3 top row for the alternate cap. Are you planning on having 6 alternates for the final version, or are you just giving out options? I just don't find it realistic that a minor league team would have 8 jerseys.

Punch9

The only complaint I have is the gold piping on the road greys does not contrast enough. I'd put the gold in the middle and have it bordered with black.

Aside from that, there's not a single thing I can find wrong with these... great work as usual!

What font did you use for the Missions wordmark?

The Missions wordmark, along with the San Antonio (jersey) wordmark, secondary logos and uniform numbers all use a custom typeface I made using a pencil and graph paper. The SAN ANTONIO in the primary logo is in Memphis.

Archived