I actually drew one like this once

RobRoberts

I really like that.  I think the logo looks better in orange.  They should explore that path, with a template other than the Islander ones.  Can someone post a template or clear pic of what the current Sound Tigers jerseys look like?

I do agree. It'd be nice, in my opinion, if teams in the AHL and even ECHL were more identifiable with their NHL sponsors.  I'm not saying a team like Hershey which has been around for so long should change everything to look like the Avs, but they should have more than just a shoulder patch.  Maybe in that case, a third jesey reminicent of the parent club would be nice; much like the Gryffins have an all red third jersey that looks like the Red Wings.

My major issue is newer teams.  The Sound Tigers are brand new.  They should be easily identified at the Isles farm team.  They have no other identity.  The same goes for the San Antonio Rampage.  

For instance, I like how Wilkes-Barre looks like the Pittsburg Penguins, yet were able to carve an identity for themselves.  Same thing with the Cleveland Barrons.

Along these lines, what will Hamilton do next year?  Their jerseys say "Oilers," but their contract with an NHL team will say "Canadiens."  Do they change colors and jerseys or what?

Maybe it's too much tequilla, or not quite enough, but these are the questions that bother me so.

Rob

And me, I completely disagree.  I don't like the idea of tying your visual identity to your main club, partially due to the fact that the affiliation's likely to change often, as we've seen so many times.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived