NHL according to number9hockey

number9hockey

A Few to start out with, possibly a series if they are well received and if I have the time.

ATL - Return of the home maroon on the current away temp. Combined the third word mark with the thirds logos to get away from the football numbers, yet something a little different. Although Vancouver currently has it and St. Louis had it at one point. But I think expansion teams should be a bit more modern where as original 6 and the next 6 should stay more in the traditional realm.

Atl.jpg

Calgary - Returned the to their Lanny McDonald era. But since then they have always been on the cutting edge of modern, with the exception of the their current mess, I went with a black third/black logo combo and return of the dragon shoulders.

Cal.jpg

Vancouver - Simple yet effective. As stated before Original 6 and next 6 should be more on the traditional side. I did go a bit more modern with the two different Crest logos. I am a fan of the V-Johnny Canuck and wanted to make it a standard logo. Home gets the stick in rink C for Canucks, with Road getting the V for Vancouver. (Kinda like baseball with home being the team name and road being the city).

Van.jpg

C&C...

Umm... where's the back of the jersey or the numbers on the sleeves? Those are two huge things about a jersey, and I'm gonna reserve judgement 'til I see them...

I purposely did not put numbers or backs because as I said before I don't have a ton of time and I disagree that they are huge things for a hockey jersey. Football sure because their lack of a crest.

Umm... where's the back of the jersey or the numbers on the sleeves? Those are two huge things about a jersey, and I'm gonna reserve judgement 'til I see them...

I purposely did not put numbers or backs because as I said before I don't have a ton of time and I disagree that they are huge things for a hockey jersey. Football sure because their lack of a crest.

Numbers are actually very important for a hockey jersey. Do you see any pro, college, or even high school teams not wearing numbers?

You do know that the alternate on the Flmaes' third is a horse, right?

As far as the concepts go, not bad. Nothing really unique about them as far as I can tell.

Yes I do know that it is a horse, seeing as how Calgary is a Rodeo hot bed, I was a long running joke that I had with a friend and it slipped. As far as unique, the flames are just edge Lanny era jerseys. with the third being a more modern yet unique in the sense that it as a black on black jersey logo...something uncommon with hockey, yet seen more in baseball. And Vancouver is just using the current temp with current alternate (better) logos for crests.

Numbers are actually very important for a hockey jersey. Do you see any pro, college, or even high school teams not wearing numbers?

But seeing as how no pro, college, or high school team is going to be wearing these team as this is a concept on the internet. If i were making these to be submitted to the team or to a beer league team I would have included them

But seeing as how no pro, college, or high school team is going to be wearing these team as this is a concept on the internet. If i were making these to be submitted to the team or to a beer league team I would have included them

I think the point of creating a concept is for fun, yet act like it may be used by a real sports team. You said you don't have time to put numbers on. Well, then I don't have time to give you C&C.

Vancouver - Simple yet effective. As stated before Original 6 and next 6 should be more on the traditional side. I did go a bit more modern with the two different Crest logos. I am a fan of the V-Johnny Canuck and wanted to make it a standard logo. Home gets the stick in rink C for Canucks, with Road getting the V for Vancouver. (Kinda like baseball with home being the team name and road being the city).

The Canucks weren't in the second set of 6. But Idk man, these need some work. The Thrashers should be simpled down. I personally don't like the flames retro, but w/e. Then the Canucks are fine, but I think the same logo on each jersey would be better, the V logo though.

I think the point of creating a concept is for fun, yet act like it may be used by a real sports team. You said you don't have time to put numbers on. Well, then I don't have time to give you C&C.

With over 500 posts in an incredibly short amount of time, you clearly do have time to give him C&C.

These aren't anything special, number9hockey. I'm sorry but there are so many concepts posted on these boards that are just bland. If you want people to give you serious C&C, then you should add a back view. Or just fly by the seat of your pants and see how it goes.

With over 500 posts in an incredibly short amount of time, you clearly do have time to give him C&C.

These aren't anything special, number9hockey. I'm sorry but there are so many concepts posted on these boards that are just bland. If you want people to give you serious C&C, then you should add a back view. Or just fly by the seat of your pants and see how it goes.

I do agree.

Anyway, although I think the backs should be shown, and not forgotten because of a lack of time, as a matter of fact, I think you have done the hardest part of the concept.

Regardless, I think the concepts are fine, but they aren't "revolutionary". I would like to see a more original concept. As I said these aren't bad at all.

RockiesSig.png

Archived