Middle Earth Hockey

santoleri3

Illustrator Steve Thomas posted some fun fantasy Hockey logos;

check it out:

http://stevethomasart.blogspot.com/2010/09/retro-thursday-100-unofficial-middle.html

I like that the Hobbit team has "foot hair" on the hockey sticks.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Most of them would never work as actual hockey logos. Although they are much better than what usually results when an "illustrator" tries to cross over into sports design.

It's not so much that they wouldn't work as hockey logos, it's the fact that there's kind of and I hate to say this, but a level of professionalism missing from some of them. It was like he started off with, "Hey this is a cool idea", but then the execution fizzled. On some of them I see detail, but not that strong detail. On others it's cartoonish, but too detailed. I like it as it combines two of my favorite things, Lord of the Rings and hockey, but few of them look finished.

Most of them would never work as actual hockey logos. Although they are much better than what usually results when an "illustrator" tries to cross over into sports design.

It's not so much that they wouldn't work as hockey logos, it's the fact that there's kind of and I hate to say this, but a level of professionalism missing from some of them. It was like he started off with, "Hey this is a cool idea", but then the execution fizzled. On some of them I see detail, but not that strong detail. On others it's cartoonish, but too detailed. I like it as it combines two of my favorite things, Lord of the Rings and hockey, but few of them look finished.

The reason I say they wouldn't work as hockey logos is because most of them are so detailed to where it'd be murder to try and embroider them to a sweater.

Archived