Quebec Nordiques

kiwi_canadian

So with the government in Quebec giving money to fund the new arena in Quebec City, I thought I would do an EDGE-ified Nordiques jersey set. I like the old Nordiques jerseys but I felt the arms were a bit dull. I didn't want to go really modern with it and kept it very simple. I used the old Leafs template and added the bottom stripe like the original jerseys had. I've also kept the fleur-de-lis because you just can't mess with something like that. I also darkened the blue a bit. As for the 3rd, I went back to their very first season of pro hockey, the 1972-73 season in the WHA. (I did the same thing with the Jets concept a few months ago for their 3rd.)I kept the same colours but I moved the numbers up a bit so they were out of white. So that's the concept. Enjoy!

QuebecNordiques2.png

Not digging the third, but the home n away look great. Perhaps a bit too leaf-like though. How would it look with a small red stroke (like the numbers) on, or a thin red stripe between, the arm and leg stripes?

I like the change in the blue....clean, and a bit less loud (but the old colour was great aswell.) How would these look with more of a dull/seahawks type of blue?

Ok, so I tried the red lines and it just did not work. It made it too busy. I then changed the colour to the old Seahawk blue and man it worked beautifully. The colour made it pop more and it's more of a royal blue then a navy blue which works really well. The red is also slightly darker this time around. And finally I changed the 3rd. Instead of the 1972-73 season, I went ahead two seasons to the 1974-75 season. I think it works better as all the colours that are used for the home and away work for the 3rd.

QuebecNordiques2-1.png

So taking the requests of a red alternate into consideration (and I've never done requests before so this is also a first), I have done one up. I tried to do one with the regular home and away templates but it just did not work. Too much red and not enough blue. So I went with the WHA alternate as a template. That one worked out great, at least I thought it did. Personally I think these look pretty sharp and I would in fact go out and get one. Anyways, enjoy and if you like them, fantasize that you would in fact buy one if they were real.

Nordiquesred.png

A quick modification, changed the numbers to white with blue trim instead of blue with white trim

Nordiquesred-1.png

Archived