canucks home/alternate concept

bhh

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and I looked closely to make sure it wasn't a faux pas to make a new thread for a concept but I couldn't find one, let me know if I committed a cardinal sin.

Anyway, I'm assuming most won't like it, because it's green, or because you will say that it's a rip off of the habs jerseys. I think it's okay to use the centre stripe now, since the hawks and the wings both used it for their winter classic jerseys. Also, this jersey more closely resembles Modo's jersey than it does any of those, as it has shoulder stripes as well. I like the green as the primary because there is a bigger distinction between the 2 home jerseys. I also think you're going to see a big swing back to bright coloured jerseys as I think people are sick of teams having a white jersey and a black/navy jersey.

Also I didn't spend a lot of time on the pants. I was thinking about adding a vertical stripe but I don't really care about pants that much.

Obviously I didn't make the logos- they are the official ones, so I'm not claiming credit for those.

Anyway, let me know what you think, or just enjoy it or whatever.

homeconcept.jpg

These look great. My one slight complaint is that the white numbers on the back sort of look like they might be hard to read, especially with the (somewhat) thick white horizontal lines on the back. It looks kind of cluttered. I would recommend either making the white horizontal lines a little thinner, and maybe making the blue outline of the numbers on the back a little thicker.

From the front, it looks awesome.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Wow, this is really impressive. I'd buy one and I'm not a 'Nucks fan. I've always liked that lumberjack logo they have and am glad to see it being incorporated well.

Thanks! seems like more non-canuck fans are into it than canuck fans.

These look great. My one slight complaint is that the white numbers on the back sort of look like they might be hard to read, especially with the (somewhat) thick white horizontal lines on the back. It looks kind of cluttered. I would recommend either making the white horizontal lines a little thinner, and maybe making the blue outline of the numbers on the back a little thicker.

From the front, it looks awesome.

hm solid feedback. I think the best bet would be to thicken the stroke on the numbers. I'm also thinking of making the white outline around Johnny a bit thicker to make his pants stand out a bit more on the front.

Excellent work! You've set the bar very high for yourself with this concept.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Im a believer in the concept that sports teams have a certain look that fits their brand. This isnt the Canucks. Anyone that follows hockey can see the Canadiens own this.

sure the canadiens don't own the chest stripe design but it just doesn't fit the canucks here. put the stripe down to the bottom and keep that fantastic yoke and you got 115 bucks of my money.

fair enough! I went with the chest stripe/shoulder stripe combination because I thought it was a good way to keep the green from becoming overwhelming. If it isn't your cup of tea that's fine- I don't expect to be getting any emails from reebok or aquilini any time soon.

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and I looked closely to make sure it wasn't a faux pas to make a new thread for a concept but I couldn't find one, let me know if I committed a cardinal sin.

Anyway, I'm assuming most won't like it, because it's green, or because you will say that it's a rip off of the habs jerseys. I think it's okay to use the centre stripe now, since the hawks and the wings both used it for their winter classic jerseys. Also, this jersey more closely resembles Modo's jersey than it does any of those, as it has shoulder stripes as well. I like the green as the primary because there is a bigger distinction between the 2 home jerseys. I also think you're going to see a big swing back to bright coloured jerseys as I think people are sick of teams having a white jersey and a black/navy jersey.

Also I didn't spend a lot of time on the pants. I was thinking about adding a vertical stripe but I don't really care about pants that much.

Obviously I didn't make the logos- they are the official ones, so I'm not claiming credit for those.

Anyway, let me know what you think, or just enjoy it or whatever.

homeconcept.jpg

Awesome.

Cannot wait until the Nucks adopt Johnny as their full-time logo!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Pretty solid overall (though I'm one of the few big killerwhale logo fans.) However, while I agree montreal doesn't own the mid-stripe thing, this implementation does seem a bit too similar. Myabe if it was bigger, thicker, smaller, thinner-outlined, whatever - something to differentiate it from les habitants.

Love the increased green...

Archived