Flames In Black

DancinFool

What's happening, forum?

So I thought I'd try my hand at uniform concepts. And I decided to try making a black concept for the Calgary Flames, because as much as I like the throwbacks they have, I just want to see them in black for some reason. So I took the IIHF format, and gave the Flames some new duds.

FlamesInBlack.png

Couple of things here.

First off, I love the horse's head logo, and I still wonder to this day why they haven't used it as much. So, I wanted to main it. Second, the font's not right only due to the fact that I couldn't find a good version of what the Flames font is, so I had to *gulp* generalize it. Lastly, I know Iggy's the captain, I just was an idiot and didn't put the Captain's patch on there. XD

Anyway, C+C is heavily recommended.

=D DF

Sorry man, but I'm afraid I don't like this all that much.

Couple of things:

-I think you over-generalized the font, it looks really plain. Here's a link to eriqjaffe's font site. You should be able to download the Flames font, or any other font for that matter. http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

-The TV numbers are wrong, they need to be rotated 180° and should be MUCH bigger.

I just think this looks a little too plain, it needs something to make it "pop".

EDIT: Also, the crest looks kinda big, you may want to make it a bit smaller.

Couple of things:

-I think you over-generalized the font, it looks really plain. Here's a link to eriqjaffe's font site. You should be able to download the Flames font, or any other font for that matter. http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

-The TV numbers are wrong, they need to be rotated 180° and should be MUCH bigger.

I just think this looks a little too plain, it needs something to make it "pop".

Thanks. I probably shoulda said this is a first attempt. But thanks much for the input.

Couple of things:

Thanks. I probably shoulda said this is a first attempt. But thanks much for the input.

No problem. It's really not that bad for a first attempt. Just keep at it.

UPDATE-

FlamesInBlackEDIT.png

-Used the ACTUAL font of the Calgary Flames (Thx Heitert)

-Used a smaller logo, as suggested.

-Used a lighter black as to give more contrast.

-Got rid of a couple of the gray lines to place stripes at the bottom, for effect.

-Fixed the Captain's patch.

-Added white shadowing to the numbers and letters in order to give more emphasis on the yellow.

-Fixed the shoulder patch numbers. (Again, thx Heitert)

I think this looks A LOT better. Your thoughts?

UPDATE-

FlamesInBlackEDIT.png

I like what you have going over here. It reminds me alot of team Germany's black jersey. I would keep the armpits and red armstripe part as it is, but I would then add a yellow and red stripe (like at the hem) somewhere near the lower arm cuffs.

Archived