New Uniforms for the Cleveland Indians in 2011?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I'd love for a team to use brown and red -- I've always thought that would be a good combo, even for the Cubs. I was hoping the Grizzlies would go that route when they switched -- not sure why, I guess because of the old primary bear -- but it didn't happen.

I like a lot about bohob's concept (and your avatar -- go Midwest League), especially the dreamcatcher part. I also like the feathers on the C, that would be preferable (for me) to Wahoo, and as a whole more likely to last than the current identity. I have to think its days are numbered, whether you agree or not. I was always a fan of the simple C they use now on the throwback cap, probably since that's what they used when I was growing up (or at least something similar). My guess is they'll take another step in that throwback direction rather than totally rebrans.

Brown and red for the Indians. Do it!

Oh man, how many "Cleveland Indians new uniforms are racist!" editorials would we be treated to in the newspapers? Mike Lupica might spontaneously combust with politically correct liberal outrage.

I do like those colors; they'd be unique and cool. I also think the Indians are better off sticking with the same color scheme they've had for decades. I can't stand when teams completely overhaul their entire identity after decades of consistency.

Oh man, how many "Cleveland Indians new uniforms are racist!" editorials would we be treated to in the newspapers? Mike Lupica might spontaneously combust with politically correct liberal outrage.

I do like those colors; they'd be unique and cool. I also think the Indians are better off sticking with the same color scheme they've had for decades. I can't stand when teams completely overhaul their entire identity after decades of consistency.

...says the Angels fan.

...says the Angels fan.

And the Sabres fan. (Who's up for a Demonic Goat Head logo? How about a Banana Slug?) And the Bills fan. (I can't even explain the uniforms that team has been wearing since 2003.)

Yes, I can offer plenty of insight into how sucky it is when a team goes nuts and wrecks their identity.

Archived