New Uniforms for the Cleveland Indians in 2011?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

Did they really change it that much over the past couple years? I mean maybe they tweaked it by adding or removing a silver outline or something, but I'm pretty sure they've had roughly the same wordmark since at least around 15 years, since I remember the uni's they wore in the World Series being pretty similar to what they wear now.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Going to need a more credible source than just "I read online, can't remember where." Not dismissing it, but had anyone else heard about it, it certainly would have been posted by now (unless anyone found out via official means and was sworn to secrecy punishable by death.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I read a posting on the realcavsfan.com forum and tribeinsider about the possibility of the Indians tweaking their wordmark again. If they do, what I'm guessing is that the white outlining around the lettering of their home and road jerseys will be removed. There were also rumors about Chief Wahoo being removed from the logo, but it's just a rumor. I also read a comment about this from an old thread from a month or so ago. Someone posted that the Indians are listed as changing the lettering on their uniforms. That's when I did some research on this. :unsure:

Hopefully they go back to the classic late 90's unis. No white outline on the letters, red piping to go along with red shoes/belts at home and dark navy caps. With the addition of silver they fixed something which wasn't broken. Even after eliminating silver the unis aren't as good as before.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The major change they made 2 years ago was removing the silver from the wordmark outline and the silver stripe on the pants and sleeves.

If they do change, I am guessing they will make the block INDIANS the primary, since they wear it for all weekend games. Not sure what the away would be. Hopefully, something with a similar font that says CLEVELAND. I don't think it would look right if they keep the same Cleveland wordmark on the aways.

I think the logo on the hat will alternate from the C and I, depending on the wordmark. I don't think they will abandon Chief Wahoo. They will, however, restrict him to just a sleeve patch.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

No offense, but there is absolutely no need for the Indians to stay navy and red when over a third of the league uses some style of a red and blue color palette. As much as I love the movie Major League (I've toyed with the idea of being Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn for Halloween) that would not be their best move. It's time to move on from Wahoo and the navy/red color palette.

Yeah, Bohob, I got the idea from your concept a while back, the one with the dreamcatcher. Thanks, good call. Personally, I'd just keep Wahoo and the block scripts on both uniforms (letters red outlined in brown, numbers vice versa), but the scheme is gold. Too bad the Tribe never used it all along.

The Major League uniforms were pedestrian and dated at the same time. Pass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived