Starfleet Academy Concept

pianoknight

After reading through some other threads on this board mentioning Starfleet Academy, my inner TREK came out and I decided to work on some Star Trek-themed concepts.

This is the first in a possible series, depending on the feedback I get. The uniforms are based off the Pro Combat template, not because I'm in love with Nike, but because this particular template is the most paint-friendly one that I could find.

The first up is Starfleet Academy, circa 2278. This would be around the time of the original Star Trek movies - like the Wrath of Khan or the Undiscovered Country. I suppose that in keeping with the canon of Star Trek, Hikaru Sulu would have already graduated from the academy, but then again, it could just be his younger, defensive tackle brother Bubba Sulu.

The color scheme is based off the academy and dress uniforms worn during

sfa2278.png

Thoughts?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

im liking this a lot, maybe because I like the florida state colour scheme so much too. the away jersey is similar to a few teams I have played against in England with the gold/black numbers on white/black jerseys. would be interesting to see a few alternates made with the different colour pants and things that is usually done on here.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Ok, so up next is a "throwback" uniform. This would have been maybe around 2250, or 15 years before the original TV series. I wanted to give this set a "classic" feel so I went with a sort of Iowa/Steelers inspired look, at least on the arms/shoulders.

Also, while I know that the powder blue color is reserved for medical staff, I wanted to incorporate another color scheme other than the previous set. The "UFP" designation is for United Federation of Planets, as the name "Starfleet Academy" was not in use yet.

I also wanted to "space-age" these uniforms a little, hence the "HB.07" mark on the uniform. I figure why not also have the player position on the jersey?

sfa.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Ok, here's the latest concept.

This would be from approximately 2370, which puts it right into the heart of "The Next Generation" or "Deep Space Nine" timelines. I went with the gold color because I had already done the red and blue and I really wanted to include all three classic Star Trek colors.

I also included a more "pro combat" style alternate which could be used in rivalry games against other service academies or Notre Dame. Everyone hates Notre Dame, even Starfleet.

Bonus points if you know who Tuq Vo' Mogh is referring to.

Personally, I think this one is my best in the series, but I'm still not satisfied with the helmets. Ideas, anyone?

sfa2373.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

Ok, here's the latest concept.

This would be from approximately 2370, which puts it right into the heart of "The Next Generation" or "Deep Space Nine" timelines. I went with the gold color because I had already done the red and blue and I really wanted to include all three classic Star Trek colors.

I also included a more "pro combat" style alternate which could be used in rivalry games against other service academies or Notre Dame. Everyone hates Notre Dame, even Starfleet.

Bonus points if you know who Tuq Vo' Mogh is referring to.

Personally, I think this one is my best in the series, but I'm still not satisfied with the helmets. Ideas, anyone?

sfa2373.png

Your not happy with the colors or logo?

So I am a little confused. The first concept is "starfleet" but the latter ones seems to be the UFP, which would encompass all the "starfleet's" from all the member worlds. I would get away from the UFP although it looks cool. With your latest concept, the next gen design, maybe try angling the black to mimic their uniforms better.

sttng_tv-cast.jpg?1228004311

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Your not happy with the colors or logo?

No I meant that I wasn't really satisfied with my own helmet design on the most recent (gold) uniforms. I couldn't really come up with something that I liked. As always I really like what you did with the helmets though.

Impaler - I went with UFP on the "retro" uniform because from my knowledge the Academy did not exist at that point. It's more of a Federation inter-mural league at that point.

Good point about the black angles on the bottom of the jersey. I tried working them in but couldn't find a way to do it to my satisfaction. I'll keep working though.

UyDgMWP.jpg

klingons.jpg

klingon-1.jpg

Hey starfleet has to play somebody,right

heres your tos uni,im still terrible at making stripes so here it is striped down a bit

ufp-2.jpg

Love the Klingon stuff! I really gotta spend some time to learn Inkscape or Photoshop.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived